First Meet

London, 2012

As Alexandra strolled through London, she found herself drawn to the lively atmosphere of a nearby park where a group of kids around her age were engaged in a spirited game of football. When a rogue ball came rolling her way, she deftly stopped it with her foot and passed it back to the group, catching the attention of the blonde girl leading the game.

"Nice save!" the blonde girl exclaimed, jogging over to retrieve the ball. "I'm Leah."

"Lexi," Alexandra replied with a friendly smile, introducing herself in return.

Leah grinned, her eyes sparkling with enthusiasm. "Wanna join us?" she invited, gesturing towards the game.

Alexandra's face lit up with excitement at the prospect of joining in the fun. "Sure, why not?" she agreed eagerly.

As they played, Leah asked, "So, Lexi, what position do you play?"

Alexandra chuckled, considering her options. "Midfield, forward, winger, or striker," she replied with a playful grin.

Leah's eyes widened with interest. "Perfect! I'm a defender. Looks like I've finally found a worthy challenge," she said, her competitive spirit evident as she prepared for the game to resume.

With that, Alexandra, joined the game, relishing the chance to immerse herself in the spirited competition and camaraderie of the group. As they played, she and Leah quickly struck up a lively conversation, bonding over their shared love for football and exchanging playful banter as they enjoyed the thrill of the game together.

As the sun began to dip below the horizon, casting a golden glow over the park, the other kids gradually started to pack up and head home, leaving Leah and Lexi alone on the field. Unwilling to let the game end just yet, they decided to engage in some one-on-one drills, testing their skills against each other.

Despite Leah's determination and effort, Lexi proved to be a formidable opponent, showcasing impressive footwork and agility that left Leah struggling to keep up. However, Leah refused to be deterred, pushing herself to improve with each attempt and coming tantalizingly close to victory on several occasions.

Impressed by Lexi's skill, Leah paused for a moment to catch her breath, a smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "You're really good," she remarked, admiration evident in her voice. "Do you play for any club?"

Lexi grinned modestly, brushing off the compliment. "I mainly play for my school," she admitted.

"That's cool, you should really join a club though you'd do great. Hey how about Arsenal, the best club there is. Actually wait, you aren't from here are you?"

"No I'm not, I'm from America, actually. But I totally agree about Arsenal being the best club, it would be a dream to play there one day."

Leah's curiosity piqued, and she raised an eyebrow inquisitively. "Oh, really? What brings you all the way here?" she asked, her tone laced with genuine interest. "Are you here to watch the Olympics or something?"

Lexi hesitated for a moment, considering her response. "Something like that," she replied cryptically, offering Leah a playful wink.

Before Leah could delve further into the conversation, Lexi's phone suddenly began to ring, interrupting their exchange. With an apologetic smile, Lexi glanced at the screen and answered the call, her expression shifting to one of mild concern as she listened intently to the voice on the other end.

When the call finally ended, Lexi turned back to Leah, her expression regretful. "Sorry, Leah," she said sincerely. "I lost track of time, and I really need to go now."

Understanding Lexi's predicament, Leah nodded understandingly, though a hint of disappointment flickered in her eyes. "No problem," she replied, offering Lexi a reassuring smile. "We can always continue this another time."

With a final exchange of numbers and a promise to keep in touch, Leah and Lexi bid each other farewell, their brief encounter leaving an indelible impression on both of their hearts as they parted ways.