World Enders IV/A Noble Return

World Enders IV

The Leviathan dreadnought was spotted again by the same hellbat pilot as before. He was posted at a commercial spacecraft fueling bay near the outskirts of the Metroid Zone, where space traffic was busier. Suspicious of the dubious ship, the thoroughly trained space ranger dispatched some backup and waited for them to show up. After they showed up, the whole fleet noticed that the giant ship was approaching the space city at a high speed. The fleet made several failed attempts to identify and flag the ship. So the squadron leader, who was a young, reformed biozoid named "Haywire", signaled for "enforcer formation", as the 12 hellbat ships merged to make 6 larger ones, each with doubled weapons. The fleet approached the ship in battle formation with their weapons systems activated. As soon as they were about 500 kilometers from the giant ship, it transformed its appearance from a super freighter to a deadly battleship. Without warning, it blasted 4 of the merged hellbats with rapid laser fire. But thanks to their excellent piloting skills, 2 of them avoided the laser fire, but barely. They circled back around and returned fire. The battleship sucked one of the hellbats in with a giant transport beam. It looked like a killer whale sucking in a single plankton. Only Haywire's hellbat, which was merged with a younger pilot's hellbat, got away.

As they looked back, they could see Leviathan destroying the space city while sucking in ships with its transport beams like a whale devouring swarms of plankton. The space city was in a panic, as Leviathan bulldozed its way through releasing swarms of giant MR2s to repurpose every living thing they found. And then they could see more Leviathans coming out of warp drive and approaching the space city.

Other enforcer fleets later showed up and attempted to stop what was happening, but the Leviathans were too overwhelming, seeing how they were the size of space stations.

Soon, every enforcer fleet in Plumorita got word of what was happening. But then, worse news was spreading around Plumorita and Euvorix as well - Lotus had several Leviathan armadas were doing the same thing in other places in both star systems. Origin Project knew that they had little time before the armadas made it to Vectris to finish what Alpha Maximus had originally started.

A Noble Return

After of some time went by, Ato finally talked Sinkade into joining the Origin Project. But the issue of Sinkade convincing the rest of the Shinobi Nobles to follow suit still remained. Only a handful were game. But there was a fresh rumor spreading on Volcrim that Alpha Maximus had somehow returned and the galaxy was on the brink of a second Omega War. So the notion that the Shinobi Nobles had was that Origin Project had failed. In addition to that, it wasn't like Volcrim or the rest of the Solarian moons were affected by the so-called power shift anyway. So it was hard for Sinkade to gain his men's confidence in his decision, despite his extraordinary leadership and wisdom.

Ato had yet to hear about the Leviathan armadas because Origin Project had disabled nearly all of its operatives' wrist gadgets. But he and Sinkade later ran into Vex and his biker gang on the streets of Kalapane. Vex and his gang rolled up on Sinkade and Ato on their bikes. They were all pointing at the sky and yelling: "Invasion! Invasion!!" Ato and Sinkade looked up in the sky and saw hundreds of colossal battleships approaching Volcrim's airspace and destroying space stations. As Volcrim's evening sky was being lit up with scattered explosions, everybody in Kalapane started panicking. Many people in the streets were approaching Sinkade and Ato, saying: "You have to save us! You two are our only hope!"

After that, most of Sinkade's men decided to put their faith in the Origin Project. They had no other choice. Volcrim's space station's defenses were being proved meager. Space station debris was falling to the moon's surface like rain of burning comets, as more Leviathans were closing in on the stratosphere.

Ato grabbed Vex and they raced to his ship. But they were followed by large crowds of panicking people who wanted to come with them. But Ato's ship wasn't big enough for everyone. So Ato, Sinkade, Vex, and a fraction of the Shinobi Nobles entered the ship, as it pulled off on the crowd like a turbocharged tank. As it speeded through the crowded streets, many tried to follow on their bikes, but it sped up even faster. When it reached 275 miles per hour, the tank's rocked boosters fired up, the wheels tucked themselves back in, the wings flipped out, and then it blasted off toward the stars. As soon as it was beyond the clouds, everybody saw two MR2s approaching like birds of prey. Ato managed to maneuver around them. But his ship was approaching some space station debris. But Ato quickly put the Vectris' star system's coordinates into the ship's navigation system and then activated the warp drive. As they blasted off, they barely escaped the transport beam of one of the Leviathan ships.