No Solace

Meanwhile, on Solace Asylum, Kyla was conducting another therapy session with Kyro, whom she was almost convinced was her father. He told her stories about her mother that no one else could know. Kyla and Kyro seemed to even have a mutual connection with each other.

Oasis was on his way to meet Kyla at the prison for her lunch break. When he arrived at the space station, he landed his ship on the flight deck, hopped out, and made his way to where Kyla was supposed to meet him. Oasis had the engagement ring he got for her in his jacket pocket. Taking advantage of the opportunity, he was finally going to propose to her. She had no clue about it.

After twenty minutes of waiting for Kyla, Oasis attempted to contact her wrist gadget.

Kyla was wrapping up Kyro's therapy session. She was still talking about her mother with Kyro and had lost track of time. Oasis was waiting for her to answer his call but there was no connection, which is something that would never happen to a fourth-generation wrist gadget unless hacking was involved. While Kyla was still talking to Kyro, he had gotten all the security codes to the prison off of her wrist gadget through a chip in his brain that was implanted when he was repurposed. The chip was designed to allow the Supreme Android to remotely control him. Many biozoids had these chips implanted in their brains, but after the omega-ware default, they were supposed to be disabled. But somehow, something had caused Kyro's to reboot and give him the ability to manipulate computer systems. Something was controlling him. After finishing up with Kyro, Kyla signaled the armed guards to escort him back to his cell block.

While still waiting for a connection on his wrist gadget, Oasis just so happened to bump into Blake Austere. They talked for a minute. Blake told him about Zenith's visit with Black Horse.

Oasis had an eerie gut feeling when he woke up that morning that was now getting worse. That's when Blake noticed that Oasis' wrist gadget was malfunctioning. Then Oasis noticed that Blake's was too. Then, one after another, everybody else in the prison started to notice their wrist gadgets malfunctioning as well.

Other biozoids in the prison had the same implanted chip as Kyro. They all activated at the same time. They were all being simultaneously controlled by something.

Suddenly, while everybody was trying to figure out what was going on, the prison lights went out. It was pitch black. Panicking, no one could see but the prison guards who wore enhanced sight goggles. But so did the biozoids, whose chips were now active. A few minutes after everybody started panicking, every cell of the biozoids with the chips opened, including Black Horse's. He walked out of his cell and attacked one of the guards, taking his gun. After that, a war broke out between the guards and all of the loose biozoids.

Oasis put on some digital sight shades, grabbed a huge plasma blaster from his ship, and went looking for Kyla. Blake and Ratch also grabbed weapons and sprang into action.

While making his way to Kyla's office, Oasis encountered several biozoids who had taken guns from guards. Still en route, Oasis exchanged fire with a few of them. They quickly started to outnumber him. But before they all could fully engage him, there was an explosion that rocked the whole space station. After the explosion, every biozoid received a signal to leave the space station. In unison, they broke into Asylum's emergency protocol deck and stole space suits to make their escape from the space station. With jet packs, the biozoids poured out of a gaping hole in the side of the space station. The hole was from the laser blast of an autonomous ship that was waiting for them. They all entered the ship like a swarm of bees into a hive. That included Black Horse, who had Kyla with him. After that, the autonomous ship blasted off into hyperdrive.

Blake Austere, Ratch, Oasis, and a few guards finally made it to the emergency protocol deck with guns in hand. Realizing that they were too late to save Kyla, Oasis lamented until he was worn out. Blake tried to console him but had to give him some space. Ratch had been injured but didn't realize it because of the adrenaline. Everybody was trying to figure out how something like this could've happened without earlier detection.

After Oasis finally calmed down a little, everybody went and searched the prison for additional survivors. All 250,000 biozoids without the chip remained in their cells.

Zenith arrived with an "Enforcer Fleet". Enforcer Fleets were groups of highly trained space rangers that patrolled different space districts throughout the galaxy. Each fleet consisted of 12 pilots posted in different areas in a district. Their "Hellbat" ships were relatively small but fast and heavily weaponized and could merge like mech suits did.

One Enforcer Fleet saw the autonomous ship earlier, but they told Zenith that their computers couldn't identify it. "It must've had some type of scan blocker!" Oasis went up to the leader of the squadron and demanded to know how the ship got past his patrol area. "All of our weapons and systems were hacked!" the ranger said. That's when Oasis remembered how his wrist gadget malfunctioned before the attack. Everybody looked at their wrist gadgets and they were all operating normally.

After searching the prison some more, Ratch found two injured biozoids near the asylum's main corridor. One of them happened to be Kyro Strife. Kyro was still trying to fight, but he had sustained such an injury that he was near death.

After restraining Kyro they decided to interrogate him. Still emotional from having his girlfriend kidnapped, Oasis was bent on killing Kyro, but everybody calmed him down so that they could proceed to question him. They took him into a small room and let Zenith and Blake question him."Who is controlling you?" Zenith asked him. He remained silent. No words, just a smile.

The interrogation went on for forty-five minutes and Kyro maintained his silence. It was obvious that he was being monitored. After that Kyro died, But Oasis told Circuit to preserve his body. Oasis busted into a room and approached another biozoid. Giving him a stern eye, he said to him: "You better tell us everything you know!!"