Conflictive

Meanwhile, at Solace Asylum, Kyla Holland was sitting at her desk going over some notes on her wrist gadget while talking to Oasis at the same time. Ever since they began dating, Oasis made Kyla take an oath of silence not to let anyone at the prison know that they were together. He feared that someone inside could use that knowledge against them. As she was in the middle of her conversation with Oasis, there was a knock on her office door. "Baby, I gotta go. I have another patient to interview." After that, she took a sip of coffee and signaled one of her armed guards to let them in. Four more armed guards entered her office with a cage on wheels with a dangerous biozoid named "Kyro Strife" inside of it. He bore heavy chains and a leather straight jacket. The guards pushed the cage in front of Kyla's desk and surrounded all four corners of it with their guns in hand.

For a minute, there was nothing but an awkward silence. Kyro kept staring Kyla up and down with his digitally enhanced eyes. He was sitting in the cage Indian style.

"So, Mr. Strife, why did you request to see me? Your therapy sessions ended a month ago. Are you still having flashbacks?" Kyla asked the disturbed biozoid, as he sporadically twitched. When he spoke, his voice sounded like a distorted auto-tune. "I have one memory in particular that might be of interest to you," he said, looking Kyla in her eyes. "What kind of memory? Is it a traumatic memory??" Kyla asked him with interest in her tone. "It's actually a pleasant one, the one I hold most dear and closest to my heart." Kyla looked at him inquisitively and then asked: "Can you date this memory, or is it vague?" "This memory is from the days of my life before my repurposing. As the memories of my past come back to me, it grows more and more vivid," Kyro said, twitching. As he twitched, the chains around him rattled, and the armed guards that surrounded his cage grew more attentive to him. Kyla actually started to feel sorry for the tormented biozoid. "What is it??" she asked him.

"This memory is more vivid than anything I've ever experienced. It starts in a country on Arkesha called La'veze." La'veze was actually where Kyla was born. But all of her family and friends were kidnapped by an army of robots sent by Alpha Maximus during his efforts to forcefully enslave part of the planet.

Kyro continued to explain the memory. "I was visiting my ex-girlfriend, Kelly, or "Tooty", as they used to call her. I hadn't seen her in eleven years! She contacted me and told me that there was someone special she wanted me to meet. I asked her who it was but she told me that it was a surprise. I thought that she was hired by a rival outlaw band to set me up, but a strong gut feeling compelled me to go and see about it anyway. But when I finally reached her, her neighborhood was being invaded by robots from Earth. Before I could even find out who Tooty's surprise was, I ended up in a shootout with some of them. They ended up kidnapping me, Tooty, and many others to be repurposed. But Tooty was later rescued by a squad of Origin Project mech suit pilots when war broke out on Arkesha between them and the Supreme Android's armies." Kyla asked him one last question before scheduling him for another therapy session. She asked: "Why is this memory so significant to you?" He said: "I believe me and Tooty had a child together." After he told her this, she hurried up and scheduled his next session, and rushed everybody out of her office.

When she sat back down at her desk, she could barely breathe. The memory Kyro shared with her coincided with her own memories. When she was eleven, her mother, who used to go by the nickname Tooty, told her that she got in contact with her previously unknown father. But on the day that he was to visit them, her neighborhood was invaded by robots that kidnapped her mother, among many others. Kyla survived the invasion and avoided getting kidnapped by hiding in a nearby jungle. She was later rescued by the Origin Project and placed in foster care on a nearby space station. She later got a job as a therapist shortly before she met Oasis. She never shared that memory with anyone but Oasis and her superiors. 

The next morning Kyla told Oasis what happened. She was a little emotional but Oasis was able to soothe her. She asked for advice on what to do. Oasis told her not to react too hastily; to take the time to tactfully get more information, but in a way that wouldn't be so obvious. He told her to remain a professional and that she was not to trust any biozoid, especially one who was still in the early stages of being reformed.

Kyla asked Oasis if he knew anything about Kyro's history. He told her that he belonged to the band called Cowboy Syndicate. He then gave her some history of some other outlaw bands associated with Kyro's. He named the Shinobi Nobles and the Darksiders.

Oasis hated how emotionally attached Kyla was to her job. He wanted to have a child with her one day, but she was so busy at Solace Asylum.