Chapter 4

Mr. Karasuma had taken over P.E. He was having the students swing the knife to practice fundamentals. Killua was lazily swinging the knife around. This was basic stuff. Stuff he had been doing since he was a toddler. Gon, on the other hand, was taking it slightly more seriously. "Killua. Start trying." Karasuma yelled, though Killua didn't change what he was doing.

"Can I ask an obvious question sir. If this is actually training to kill, should we be practicing right in front of our target."

"Whether killing or studying, drill the basics and they will serve you well. That is why you should be trying Killua." Karasuma looked directly at Killua.

"I've been doing this since I could walk. I've got 'the basics' down pat." Killua said the last part doing air quotes.

"Fine then, Killua, Gon, step up." Killua and Gon stepped forward. "I want you two to try and tag me with those knives. Let's see if you can back up your talk." Killua and Gon stared at him, not making any movement at first. "Tell you what. If you can hit me, you can go home for the day."

"Sure." Killua said, standing with his hands in his pockets. Killua rushed forward, but Karasuma stepped out of the way. "Not as bad as I thought." Killua stepped back and put his hands in his pockets. He started steadily walking in a circle, creating after images. Karasuma started to worry. He was on high alert and scanning all of his surroundings. Out of nowhere, Killua rushed forward barely grazing Karasuma's cheek. "You're pretty strong, but you shouldn't ever underestimate your opponent." Killua knows that this warning will do little to change the outcome of a battle if one were to occur. Karasuma stood staring at Killua as he spoke. Gon, with zetsu activated, slipped around Karasuma, and held the knife to his chest.

"I win!" Gon smiled up at Karasuma, revealing his presence.

"Hell yeah!" The two boys ran and gave each other a high five. Gon and Killua walk away from the group and sit down on some stairs overlooking the field where the rest of the class was training.

"I wish we could train nen while we are here." Gon said after the two sat down. "It would be a better use of time."

"I know right. It would also make time pass so much faster. Our grades don't even matter because they're useless once we get back to our world. Being here right now is a waste of time." Gon nodded in agreement.

"Who do you think Cheadle will send to check in on us?"

"Maybe she'll send Ging to hide here." Killua playfully suggested. Gon leaned back on his hands.

"I would be up for that adventure if you came with me, Killua." Killua blushed.

"Don't say stuff like that. It's embarrassing."