Chapter 8: Warning

Part 8

Heart of The Gerudo: Warning

Written by SilkenScribe

Original Story inspired by the Gerudo Link works of HeartGear

"Mmnm...mg..." Came the muffled words of Avery, followed by a small groan as his consciousness once again found him. He'd expected to be waking on the rough stone floor of the spa. Instead, he found his body yet again cradled by plush pillows and soft blankets, which was a welcome sensation in comparison to the pounding pain on the back of his head.

~Right. The back of my head...~

Naturally, he moved in an effort to reach up and behind his aching skull to press a hand to the knot of pain. But he found his movements limited. His wrists had been rebound behind him in the same box-tie. Shoulders and elbows pulled back behind him with a left over his right wrist, the lengths wrapping up and around his upper and lower arms as well as a couple strapped over his shoulders and his chest before looping back behind. It seemed like a similar affair from the first day before they lowered his wrists in front of him. Except this time he felt something else. Something cold and unyielding alongside the cords. That encompassed both of his wrists. Metal cuffs or something.

His gag too, the thick cloth had yet again been pushed between his teeth and tied about his head. It would seem he was back where he'd started, or perhaps even worse than that.

After a moment's contemplation, he'd slowly push himself up into a sitting position. Finding himself a bit surprised when strands of red hair fell to frame and partially veil his vision. For a moment he was confused. His faculties hadn't quite caught up.

It was only then he noticed the mirror.

Tastefully placed on the back of the thick wooden door was a mirror, its edges lined in intricate gold engraving. Almost as one might find an oasis in this desert, the gold flowed and weaved like vines and plants around a perfectly still and reflective pool of life. And just as so, it hung there, reflecting the image of Avery in all its glory. Even in the low light, he almost didn't recognize himself. His mid-back length hair fell about him a decidedly messy cascade of deep red locks. He studied the person looking back at him for a long time. One turn of the head, and another, causing his loose hair to fan out before settling and hanging straight from the top of his head and down over his shoulders, and a little lower still. Every single fibre, every single thread, all painted such a vivid and rich deep red.

His body, while still dressed in only his previous undergarments looked...softer? He couldn't quite put his finger on it. His body was hairless from the neck down and his skin looked almost dewy? Healthy? The firm and stained skin with a multitude of calluses and patching bodily hair was replaced with a softer and almost welcoming complexion. Shifting even a slight bit, knees coming to a touch, he'd feel it was true for not a single hair was remaining from below his neck. Be it beneath his shoulders or... behind his undergarments. Not a single strand poked or prodded where it used to certainly be. Were it not for being bound, he might have even been tempted to enjoy a touch and a feel of the smooth and near-flawless skin his eyes settled upon. Just from the reflection, it was clear something was amiss, it wasn't the Avery he knew staring back at him, but someone else.  He would later learn, that his skin looked moisturized and taken care of. Before Avery's little freakout at Lila's spa, she had worked quite a bit of magic on the Voe.