Chapter 4: Deliberately Deliberating

Heart of The Gerudo: Deliberately Deliberating

Written by SilkenScribe

Original Story inspired by the Gerudo Link works of HeartGear

The words of the Gerudo in his cell bounced around in his head as he was led up the long flight of stairs. How Voe were typically treated a lot more harshly here. How men were treated in the all-women tribe. It was a pretty uneventful walk except for when they stopped in a side room where the guards unbound his hands and then rebound them behind him in a sort of box tie with his wrists atop one another.

Likely so that he wasn't a danger to anyone around him, it made sense considering the events in the prison cell.

Afterwards, they moved out of the room and into a huge beautifully decorated room, which was fairly open-air to the desert stretching out in the background behind the throne. Several guards lined the room while at the front a young woman reclined easily atop the stone-like throne. Like the rest of her tribe, she had vibrant red hair and sun-kissed skin. She was draped in silks of black and gold that denoted her station within the tribe.

Beside her stood a Gerudo woman who looked like she could crush your ribcage with just her fist.

Even more curiously, off to the side sitting on a thick pillow was none other than Aikoro. She offered a tiny smile in Avery's direction but refused to hold his gaze as he was led up to stand before the girl on the throne.

"Sav'aaq Voe." The woman said easily, moving to sit forward a bit on her throne, studying the man standing before her.

Avery wasn't sure how to respond or what to do. He shuffled uneasily as the woman seemed to scrutinize him.

"Uh...Hi." He said a bit awkwardly.

"It means good morning in our ancient tongue. Good morning, man. That being you." The woman said this matter of factly as she leaned back in her throne, folding her hands in her lap. While she was small in stature there was something genuinely imposing about the young woman.

"My guards tell me that they informed you that Voe entering within the walls of this city is strictly forbidden. And yet, here you are. Would you care to explain?" She asked, no sense of amusement in her voice.

Avery lowered his gaze to take a keen interest in his bare feet, "I was desperate. I didn't want to die out in the desert. I merely snuck in to..."

"...To what? Steal food? Steal water? Goods? Choose your words carefully Voe, for all these transgressions are severely punishable even to our own."

Aevery chewed his lip. He hadn't thought that far. It's not like he hadn't stolen things in his life. He wouldn't have taken much, only enough to get him to the nearby settlement. Somehow that seemed to matter little in his current situation.

"...To steal enough to get me out of the desert." He admitted honestly.

The woman on the throne nodded and sat up straight, taking a moment to cast a sidelong glance at the tough-looking woman next to her, "He's an honest idiot at least."