¹³°129 AC: LETTERS TO YOUR LOVER

Daemerea sat with her hands folded, wondering what she would do next. She did not want a babe. She was only a girl, barely seventeen. What if she was a terrible mother?

She wished she could ask her mother for advice, but all the letters she wrote and the ravens she sent seemed to fade into obscurity as no one ever replied to them.

A knock on the door caught her attention, making her stand and walk to it. She opened the door, revealing a small girl with blonde hair staring up at her.

She'd seen the girl before. She was one of the daughters of Queen Alicent's handmaidens. If she wasn't mistaken, her name was Mara.

"Princess," The girl said, smiling. Daemerea could see the fear on her face, however.

She handed her a piece of parchment that was folded so tight that it fit into the palm of her hand.

"Who's it from?" Daemerea asked, a frown on her face. "I'm not sure, Princess. It was given to me by my mother and I was instructed to bring it here."

Daemerea nodded, giving the girl a small smile. "Thank you. Your name is Mara?" The little girl nodded, her eyes bright when Daemerea mentioned her name.

"Wait here." Daemerea walked back over to her bedside table, putting the piece of parchment down and grabbing a honey cake that she had bought two days ago.

She walked back over to the girl, handing the cake to her. The girl's eyes went wide.

"Oh no, Princess. I cannot accept this." Daemerea shook her head. "You must. It was a lot of trouble to come all this way. You deserve it." The girl smiled.

"Thank you, Princess." She said before running off. Daemerea let a laugh escape her as she walked back over to her bed, licking the honey off her fingers before she grabbed the piece of parchment and started unfolding it.

Once she got it open, she frowned. The handwriting was not like anyone's she'd seen before. It was rather ugly and scribbled. This was definitely the work of a man, she thought.

Her eyes scanned over the letter, realizing that it was meant to be describing her.

𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒗𝒊𝒐𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒆
𝑺𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒚 𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒇
𝑺𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒚 𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅
𝑺𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒚 𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅

The letter was not signed by anyone, leaving Daemerea curious as to who wrote it. It could not be Lord Tyrell.

Daemerea was certain he didn't have a single sincere bone in his body and was incapable of writing such words about her. She assumed that it would be Willem, but she couldn't see him writing it either.

A strange feeling overcame her as she read the letter over and over again. Mine and only mine to behold...

Another knock on the door startled her, causing her to shove the letter under her pillow before walking to the door.

When she opened it, she was even more surprised than when she found Mara only a moment ago.

The green was the first thing she spotted, recognizing the woman at her door as Queen Alicent herself.

"Your Grace," Daemerea did a small curtsy to show her respect, but the Queen shook her head.

"No need for such formality, Daemerea. I've come to ask you if you'd like to have tea." Daemerea was taken aback for a brief moment but nodded her head nonetheless.