I love her

Carter

I walked out, pushing everyone out of my way. By the time I reached exit, she already took a cab. I ran after the cab but it was long gone.

I threw my cap in frustration. Why is she avoiding me? She now thinks she can ignore me.

A smirk plastered on my face, run, run as much as you can sweetheart but I'll make sure to catch you. Because in this life you're mine.

I entered the stadium to pick up my stuff, I headed towards the locker room.

Just as I entered, two hands clutched me pinning on the wall. He threw a punch, squeezing my throat he spoke, "Carter Williams, I said it from the start stay away from my sister. She's not a toy you can play with." Leonard paused, his fingers tightening around my neck.

"I'm serious Carter. If even a tear shed from my sister's eyes because of you. I won't even think before unaliving you" He warned letting go, I coughed as Micheal helped me.

"You think you know Sophia?, Bullshit" I chuckled standing up. Moving closer, I spoke "You don't even know about her past, her feelings, her childhood" I paused, pointing my fingers at hi I spoke "You just run away leaving her behind" I chuckled, my face flew over as he punched me.

One after another he threw five punches, two on my face, three in my abdomen. "How dare you, I didn't run away. I care for her-" He gritted out, grabbing me by my collar, his hand moved for another punch but Micheal stepped in.

"Leo, Leave Him. Are you going to kill him??" He said as he indicated Neal and Sandy to pull him back.

"Yes, I would kill this little shit. How dare he think about staying near my sister??" Leo said struggling to get out of Neal's hold.

"I did it because I  love her." I spew out as my grew wide. I did not just say that.

I love her. I mean I love her, like in the sense that happens between two people.

My lips curve up in a smile but it soon disappeared as Leo lunged forward, punching in my face, bruising my lip.

"You deserve it." Micheal said grabbing Leo back. I rolled my eyes standing up as Micheal send me a glare saying Read The Room. Do I care, No.

"How dare you, you little-" Leo tried punching me again but I grabbed his fist.

"A little what? I said I love Sophia. That means I love her." I paused twisting his fist as he groaned.

"If I love her that means that I don't care what anybody think even if it's her brother." I gritted throwing him back, walking out I went straight to my home.

Grabbing the cigarette, I was about to light her but then some flashbacks hit me.

Flashback
I entered to find Leo talking to a girl over a zoom call.

I  raised an eyebrow, peeking. Is she his girlfriend. That's when I saw her eyes, those ocean blue eyes, that were so deep that could easily drown a wayward like me. She arched her eyebrow, tilting her head she spoke, I don't know what she spoke because my gaze got stuck on her lips, those red rosy lips.

I wonder what they would taste like?
Leo turned and spoke pulling me out of my thoughts. "You are back, I'll be back after I'll finish my call. You can freshen up and start eating." I nodded, I mentally slapped myself. What was I thinking? Carter, she's your homie's girlfriend. You can't have eyes for her.

Popping into the shower I turned on the cold water to calm my thoughts down.

Walking out, I chuckled seeing him still on the call. I usually take long showers . I shook my head in disbelief, he surely loves his girlfriend to talk till now.

Just as I passed from the kitchen, her voice that was as sweet as honey. "Did you ate?" My heartbeat moved to rhythm with her lips.

"I knew you didn't." She coughed as Leo panicked, she soon recovered after taking some pumps. She has asthma.

"You should take a rest, focus on your health not mine. I am fine here" Leo said cutting the call joining me on the dinner table.

I was busy with the thoughts of Her in my mind when Leo slammed the table in frustation.

"What happened?" I asked taking a bite. He slammed it again cussing.

"It is Sophia, I can't even take care of my own sister and you know recently she's been diagnosed with asthma too" Leo said continuing with his ranting but I was held on to that one word sister.

Oh my God, she's his sister. He's her brother, they are not dating.

They are not dating. That means I still have a chance. A smile curve on my lips at the thought of her beautiful eyes and her lips that curve up in a gentle smile seeing me.

"Why are you laughing about" Leo asked, an expression of disgust on his face.

"Nothing" I said giggling as he threw the ketchup bottle towards me, cussing.