She's Avoiding Me

CARTER

"Sandy pass it to Neal" I huffed out, frustration pouring into my veins.

"Neal go faster, pass it to Rudy." I yelled from the top of my lungs.

"Max, pass it back to Rudy" I said as I glided in. Max instead of passing it to Rudy tried going for the goal but it backfired him falling flat face on the ice.

I reached and picked him up as I suspected, his nose is bleeding and his face is covered in scratches.

"I told You to pass it but you, leave it" I said gulping down my insults, he jerked his hand off leaving embarrassed.

"Nice" I let out a sigh, Coach and Leo found the best way to torture me. Because of what I did last week in front of the whole campus, he decided to take a break when he clearly knew that we have championship just in a week.

And Leo, my bestfriend decided to ditch me in taking care of the whole team as he has se personal matters to tend to.

As I know his first priority is Hockey than what can be more important than practicing for the match next week.

"It's time Carter, we'll have to leave." Neal said as I responded with a frown in confusion.

"The coach decided to let the female skating team to practice since we caused because the fight that happened in the parking lot made the female skaters late for their practice making them lose the nationals" Rudy explained walking off the ice.

A few female skaters entered, some rolling their eyes seeing us still on ice.

"That's bullshit" Mike groaned passing a glare to a skater dressed in red.

Isn't she Sophia's bestfriend. She just transferred after the nationals then why is she here? She passed Mike a glare.

Hmm, Interesting.

Soon the day of match came too, I checked my phone hoping for a message to pop up but nothing.

Sophia is not answering any of my calls and even changes paths whenever she sees me on the campus.

"Will Leo attend today?" Neal asked frowning, he's nervous that's how the rest of the team is too. Leo is not only their captain but also their big brother.

Not once did we played without him. He never left his match for anyone. But today I guess he won't be here. My eyes landed on the clock. There is only five minutes left before the match.

I know he won't be able to attend today but something in me wants him to be here with us.

"Neal and others Leo has a personal life too. Try to understand he needs to tend to his family and friends too, we will win today." I paused.

"With Leo or Without him" I said as I tightened the straps of my gloves, putting on the helmet securing it in.

The commentator announced our name as we entered, I can hear some gasps escaping from the mouths of the audience.

I expected that, a team without a captain how will they play. My head turned towards the coach who passed a big smile. I rolled my eyes, he isn't going to help. God Da*n it. They are enjoying torturing me.

"Look who we have here, The Captain of DCLA team. Guess he didn't abandoned his team after all." The commentator announced speaking the exact opposite of what he spoke a few seconds ago.

"Welcom Back Captain" Mike fist bumped Leo as I ignored him.

The first two period was nice we scored well. My eyes landed on the petite brunette hiding between the audience. I chuckled she thinks she can hide her beautiful face and those shiny blue eyes. She's such a dummy.

We finished the match by winning fair but still those LCHA losers won't stop blaming us.

"Sophia-" Before I can even call her she paced away towards the exit.

My jaw clenched. So now, She's avoiding me.