Avoid Him

Sophia

"How many times it has been already, pass it to me?" Zehera groaned pulling over at the side.

"Leo man we are on our way home and don't worry I drive well so stop calling us and disturbing." She cursed as I silently prayed for Leo. She has a hot temper.

"Here, Your Brother's so Overprotective. How do you handle him, he's such a pain in ass." She passed me the phone as I shook my head laughing.

"Don't know" She rolled her eyes to my reply as she chose music over her cussing, it's good as I don't like listening to that type of language anyway.

She pulled over outside Leo's house and opened the door bowing, "Your Highness, we have arrived." She said as I took her hand stepping out laughing.

"Leo, you shit. Where are you?" Zehera called as soon as we entered. I sighed seeing them run across the room chasing each other.

I coughed and took a seat on the couch holding my chest which was burning. Leo passed me a water and Zehera was rubbing my back. Seems like they made up way earlier than I thought.

Zehera took me to my room, she handed me my medicines and water but there is still one thing that's bothering me.

"Zehera Why are you here?" I asked as she stopped upruptly in her tracks.

"What do you mean, I-I just came because I missed you?" She said stuttering.

"Don't tell me lies, I know you better than I know myself?" I said grabbing her hands making her sit down with me, looking at her dark circles one can clearly say she's stressed.

"Is it because of Your Family again?" I asked as she nodded.
"It's one of the reasons, it's just there are too many rules. Being the only princess can be hard as it's hard for princesses to rule and Now they want me to marry." She finally gave in, being a princess is like a fantasy but I never knew it can be a burden until I met Zehera.

From the past 5 years I've known her, the whole concept of being a princess changed for me.

So many rules, you have to be in the right shape, learn so many ancient scriptures, follow strict diets. Sometimes she cried as how cruel were rules for her. How annoying it was to keep the sweet and elegant persona in front of the press.

"I can't believe this, Why? You're only 26." I said as she sighed.

"I first decided to travel to Malaysia but when I heard about you I decided to accompany my Clumsy, shy friend." She chuckled as I shook my head in disbelief.

"But-" The chances for her figure skating is best in Malaysia.
"Don't worry I'll manage in D.C. too, Now rest" She assured me as the door slammed open to a disturbed Olivia.

"Olive" I waved as she looked at Zehera then at me lying in bed with bandage on my hand.

"What happened? I was trying to call you after I heard someone broke into your house but you weren't picking up and you hand. Are you Okay?" She ranted looking all over me to see I'd I was hurt anywhere else too.

"Calm Down Olivia, I'm good now." I said to which she sighed sitting on the side.

I never knew these girls can be friends but now they are behaving like bestfriends scolding me for not calling the cops.

"Okay, okay I'll take care of myself in the future." I said holding my hands together in a prayer.

"Girls let her rest, come downstairs I need your help." Leo said saving me as I mouthed a thank you.

I tried sleeping but I can't seem to sleep even a wink. The thought of him returning gives me goosebumps.

What if he tries to kill me while I'm asleep?
What if he's around the house waiting for a chance to broke in again?

Just then my room's door opened, is it him?
I can feel my heart's rising beat, my sweat dripping from my face.

"What happened Sophie?? You Okay?" Leo asked passing a glass if water patting my back as I shook my head.

"It's okay baby, nothing will happen. Let me get my hands on him, I'll make his Milkshake and will chuck it down." He said as I burst out in a laughter, he surely is good at cooking.

"Let's eat now, dinner is ready." He said helping me downstairs.

"Carter" I muttered seeing him standing in the middle of the room, he frowned seeing my condition maybe because out of concern.

No, no. He'll be more of a type, She's so weak.

I ignored him walking to the table, taking a seat as Zehera tried guessing the situation. Her eyes traveled between me and Carter.

"Hi handsome, Do you like someone?" I almost choked on my food chugging up a glass of water.

"Yes, I do like someone." He said to which I stared at him wide eyed.

My heart Calm down it must be someone else.
"Leo let me walk our guest out." I insisted, he hesitated at first but agreed when Carter nodded.

"Listen, you don't have to worry about me Mr.Williams, I am capable of helping myself and I don't require any help from a rude person like you. I'm grateful for the help you showed last time but I hope you'll maintain a distance even if I'm in danger." I said as he nodded walking out.

But why did he look sad? Why am I even thinking about him? I have to avoid him at all cost. He's a red flag anyway. And I'm not going to do the same mistake again.

Not after What happened with James. We were of same department, it was spring when he proposed me, I agreed considering our friendship from the starting of the year.

Everything was going fine until that night when I found he killed Mrs.Blackwell, our biology teacher whose body was found in the campus lake with bruises all over.

I ran and ran until I was almost hit by a car. When I woke up I was in the hospital and was told he died in the car accident and only I survived.

I chugged down a glass of milk, With all that's happened today, I don't think I can sleep tonight.

_________________________________________

Hi zikkies, thank you so much for 100 followers.

I appreciate the fact that I have all of you and I do like reading your comments.

Stay Tuned 🤍