Chapter 27 The Meaning of Freedom

"We should separate the areas between boys and girls!" Said Shinohara. "They should remove the boys' tents and make space for the girls."

"I don't know..." Hirata said.

" What the hell?" Yelled Ike.

"If you want it that way, then move the tents! I bet you won't." Yamauchi pointed out.

"We weren't asking you to help! You're going to help, right, Hirata-kun?" Karuizawa said.

"Okay. I'll help. But this might take a while." Hirata said.

Kirishima, who sat on top of a tree the whole time eating an apple, spoke.

"Kiyo, can help."

Everyone turned their attention to her.

"He always hangs out with me and hasn't acted weird."

The girls looked at each other and agreed, although they didn't talk to Ayanokouji, they saw them going out together, sometimes at the mall, they see him carrying the shopping and things like that.

Horikita also agreed.

"Yes, we can't let Hirata go in alone."

"Hirata-kun isn't like that!" Said Shinohara.

"But he's still a boy." Said Horikita.

Shinohara stayed quiet along with Karuizawa.

"We need another kid. It'll double the workforce and we'll keep an eye on each other." Kirishima finished eating his apple and jumped down from the tree and walked over to the girls. "And I'm going to help move the tents, so I can keep an eye on you two. Since none of you thought to help, right? Why would it be more if you all helped move the tent."

"But we're girls." Shinohara argued.

"AND?" Kirishima looked her up and down. "Don't you have two arms, two legs and two eyes? And gender equality? Weren't we women who fought for this equality?"

Kirishima looked at them and then sighed.

"Forget it, you would only get in the way instead of helping."

After that she sent Ayanokouji and Hirata to help her move the tents.

"I was actually chosen by elimination, right? Except for Haru who thought of me first." She said Ayanokouji setting up the tent.

"I think it's a way for Horikita-san to praise you, Karuizawa agreed." Hirata said.

"I think it was her way of saying that I'm discreet and harmless." Ayanokouji said.

"Isn't it nice to be discreet and harmless?" Kirishima asked, placing the stick in the tent.

Ayanokouji blinked and looked at Kirishima who was focused on setting up the tent.

"Hirata-kun! I'm sorry, could you come here for a moment?" Mei shouted.

"Oh, I don't..."

"I'll take care of the rest. You can go." Ayanokouji said.

Hirata looked at Kirishima.

"You can go, who knows what they'll do if you're not around." She said Kirishima indifferently.

"Sorry. Thank you."

Hirata went to the girls, leaving Kirishima and Ayanokouji together to set up the tent.

"Hey, Haru..." Ayanokouji suddenly spoke, calling the young woman.

"Yes?"

"Do you like low-key and harmless?" Ayanokouji spoke cryptically.