Chapter 24.2 The Border Line Between Heaven and Hell

The situation began to change, without the Hirata team returning to base. The trio was in surprisingly good spirits. Hirata and the others were talking about something with great fervor.

"It's a river!! A river!!! What a beautiful feeling it is! It looks like there's a piece of equipment! It looks like we're going to be able to have exclusive possession of a mechanism! It's only a ten-minute walk from here, so let's all go together in one turn." Ike spoke excitedly when he arrived at the camp where everyone was waiting.

Ike's team had left earlier on a search mission, they had already discovered this location. And it seemed like they were guarding it so other classes wouldn't rip it off.

"This is a glorious achievement, if we can maintain the source of the river, our situation can improve a lot."

"Still, there are two teams that haven't returned yet, I think it will be a problem if no one stays here to wait for them." Hirata said while waiting for the others to return.

Ayanokouji walked up to Hirata.

"I'm sorry Hirata, Koenji, too, because it's my fault, in the middle of our expedition, he ran off the road."

"Ah, if you're talking about Koenji, he came back alone a little while ago, he wanted to go swimming" Hinata said to Ayanokouji.

Ayanokouji walked over to Kirishima who wasn't too far away. Kirishima looked at him and said softly.

"You know that Roku-nii, isn't coming back, right?"

Ayanokouji looked at the young woman's red lips and leaned down to get close to her ear and whisper.

"Well, I can't say that now that everyone is excited." He spoke with a huskier and more magnetic voice than usual, making Kirishima feel that her ears were a little hot.

What the beautiful young woman didn't realize was that Ayanokouji was watching her reaction, her golden eyes shone for a second before returning to normal.

"Well, that's right, it's better not to talk now. And then pretend like you didn't know anything." Kirishima concluded.

"Yes."

Everyone walked to the place that Ike and the others found.

"This is the place! We found the place! It's amazing!"

We finally arrived at the place that was found by Ike and the others. Inside the cave I saw a mechanism built into the wall.

However, on this side of the river, there is a large artificial rock. This is where the mechanism was originally built in. Meanwhile, Hirata's team began preparing the tent and all other necessities for a place near the river.

"Yes, the sunlight cast its shadows on the beautiful water. Smoothing the path beneath the ground. This could be an ideal place to build our base camp. This is fantastic, Ike!" Hirata praised.

"Haha! I know, right?" Ike said excitedly.

'The waters of the river flow calmly in a width of 10 meters, creating such a splendid sight. The river is surrounded by dense forest and a sandy road. It seems like this place has been established and opened before. I don't believe this is a newly discovered location. This was built by our school with a specific purpose.' Analyzed Ayanokouji looking at the river.

"What kind of verification do we need to do to prove that this river is ours now...." Karuizawa asked.

Ayanokouji glanced at the end, at the flat spot that seems to be the only exception in a place where the difference between high and low is truly extreme.