A Chance Encounter

After the insanity of today's events somehow the guy who saved us last second ended up being the biggest question on my mind. I feel like I have to meet him again. Me, Asumi, and Hayako split up before any teachers got onto us or god forbid asked us what happened. I was walking back to my house as the rain started to pick up.

I'd felt strange ever since the incident. It's so all-encompassing it feels like every part of me is filled to the brim with warm light.

I didn't have the energy to give it any further thought. When I got to my street I saw a golden flicker on the ground near the gutters. I ran to grab it before the rain washed it away. A gold coin? It didn't have the weight of gold though, it had the inscription, p token. I put it in my wallet. I decided to take it with me as a memento of the day.

That reminds me I never ended up getting paid. I guess I didn't technically fix it but to be fair Hyakao was mostly to blame for that. Oh well, maybe I can sell off this coin for a few cents. I'll just skip breakfast tomorrow. I showered and played 15 minutes of Twin Dragons before heading to sleep.

The next morning at school there was an incredibly thick air of tension that palpitated through the halls. It seems like rumors had spread about what happened. Of course, anyone who didn't see it with their own 2 eyes is probably more than a little skeptical. But the sheer amount of people with the same testimony would worry anyone. I got to class right before the bell rang and took my seat next to Hayako.

"I hope none of you are lending any credence to this ridiculous rumor. Clearly, this is some stupid prank gone awry."

While Professor Kanaoka spoke with conviction something about her body language told me even she was 100% certain.

"That's not true I saw!" Lept Barry from his seat

"Guys I don't think it's good to worry everyone needlessly, the Student Council will come forward with their official report in time."

Said a boy with white curly hair and glasses. His name was Yu Kashimo a total Ikeman. (a handsome boy with a budding social life) Also the only boy I'd met at this school with a Japanese name. I bet he'll be the one leading the class as the year goes by. Fine by me, I'm no good with that stuff.

"Yes, you'd all do well to listen to Kashimo. Regardless as a first order of business. Due to yesterday's stunt, the student body is going to be picking up the slack. I'll be splitting the class into pairs. You will work together to create a dish to be sold at Tommorows bake sale. The profits will be used to pay for repairs and anyone caught smuggling funds will be expelled immediately. Each group will be provided with 3 dollars for ingredients any questions?"

"Can we pick our groups instead?" Asked Ben

"No. Groups have already been chosen and will be posted outside of class at the end of the day."

Huh, maybe I could finally talk to some of my classmates.

"What happens if a group fails to turn a profit?" Asked Hayako

"Then there will be consequences."

Class proceeded as normal and lunch was extra delicious since I skipped breakfast. When the class made their way back everyone was crowded around the bulletin board that contained our groups. I'm taller than most of the class so I could scan the board from the back.

June, June, June aha, and my partner is...

"God."

A familiar groan cried out.

"Looks like we're partners."

"Jeez as if yesterday wasn't enough."

"I'll try to finish as fast as possible"