En fin.

11 months later...

Luigi's pov

It's been almost a year since my (unsuccessful) attempt at taking Peaches place.

Bowser hasn't made an appearance in the mushroom kingdom since that day. 

I'm mostly over it know, but it still pains me to know that he never loved me.

There have been good things too, though. Peach and Daisy are engaged, and Peaches baby was born. Her name is Rosalina, Rosie for short. She looks just like her mother, with the same blonde hair and blue eyes. We're not sure who the father is, but that doesn't bother us. Daisy has stepped into the father figure role for Rosie, and I'm sure she'll turn out just fine.

I've explored more with how I want to dress, and I've expanded my wardrobe quite a bit. I've found my favorite things are blouses and maxi skirts. I always feel so elegant wearing them. Of course Mario's still an asshat, but he's been around the castle less and less. I think he spends most of his time at some questionable places, but it's none of my business. The less I see of him, the better.

Right now, I'm sitting in the courtyard with Daisy, Peach, and Rosie. I've ended up having to babysit a lot, since Daisy and Peach spend a LOT of "quality time" together. Which, I'm not complaining. Rosie is adorable.

Daisy and Peach are in the middle of a deep discussion on whether or not it's cannibalism for Peach to consume peaches. I've tried to join in the conversation, but it's so heated that they don't notice I said anything.

I'm holding Rosie in my arms, she's wrapped in a baby blue blanket, and her blonde hair has fallen over her eyes. I gently brush her hair off to one side, but it ends up covering one eye completely. I think it's cute, though. Rosie suddenly begins to cry.

"Luigi what are you doing to my baby!?" Peach jokingly accuses.

"I'm paying attention to her and giving her the motherly love she wouldn't receive otherwise." I jokingly retort. Peach dramatically throws a hand over her heart and groans. 

"He's got you there, peaches." Daisy snorts.

"Shut up, whore." Peach gives her a fake glare. Daisy's face shifts. Peach smirks and puts a hand on her knee, giving her a peck on the lips.

"Ewwww get a room." I make disgusted noises, even though I couldn't care less.

"Well if you insist." Daisy quickly hops up, Peach following behind her. They run off to the orchard.

"Well, guess it's just you and me again, Rosie." I smile and bounce her in my arms a bit.

"And me too." A deep voice slowly speaks behind me. I freak out for a moment, before realizing who it was.

I stand up, and slowly walk to him.

"Luigi. I'm so sorry for how I ended things," Bowser began, "and in all honesty, the months I spent with you was the time I felt most in love with Peach. It was just, really hard, because I'd never felt that way for a man before. I was scared. But Luigi, I'm in love with you. I want you to come back to my palace with me, and be my husband. Please," He spoke with a sort of desperation in his eyes, "I need you."

I smile sadly, "No you don't. You never have. I've done a lot of thinking in the past year, and I don't feel the same way anymore. It's not you, I just realized that all the love you've ever had for me, was because of Peach. You never would have fallen in love with me, even if you had gotten to know me."

"That's not true. You're an amazing person."

"But you never would have thought about me romantically if I hadn't been disguised as Peach."

"I really want to believe that's not true, but a part of me knows it is." He sighs.

I place a hand on his cheek, "I love you, bowser."

"I love you too, Luigi."

And as he walked away, a part of me wanted to run after him and stay in his arms forever. But I knew his love for me wouldn't be real, so I stayed put. I looked down at Rosie, who was staring up at me with her big blue eyes, and I knew I made the right choice.

I turned and started walking back towards the castle, knowing that whatever the future will bring, I'm ready. 

The end