1: The Plan

"Wait- Let me get this straight," Peach held a hand to her forehead, thinking, "You want to dress up as me, so you can get married?" I nodded, slightly embarrassed.

"It's a stupid plan, I know, but I love him."

"Does Mario know?"

I rolled my eyes, "No, Mario doesn't know that I fell in love with a man. And his arch nemesis."

She sighed sadly, her blonde hair wet on her shoulder. She had just showered. "He's fun to be around, but I do strongly disagree with some of his views." I knew that was her was of calling him a dick. She wasn't wrong. To put it plainly, he's a homophobe. Not a kind one either. He tries to enforce his views on Peach and I, even without knowing we're gay. Maybe he does know. Well, I think he may have been so involved in himself that he hasn't noticed my uninterest in women. Or the fact that Peach totally hooked up with Daisy (she won't admit it, but she's a horrible liar). Peach walked over to her vanity, grabbed a brush, then began brushing her hair. The brush caught in a tangle, and she cringed as she pushed the brush down. She was very attractive, and was so sweet. The perfect mix. I wouldn't let anybody break her heart, even though there wasn't much I could do. I was skinny, and my build was more feminine. That's why my plan was bound to work.

"Feel free to look in my armoire," Peach looked back at me, "There should be a lot of dresses, take your pick." She began to swipe chapstick over her lips. I opened the large dresser, and saw an assortment of dresses. I knew absolutely nothing about them. I spotted a light green one, with gold detailing.

I began to pull it down, before Peach shook her head, "That's my least favorite, if you're going to be me, you need to look like me," she stood up and walked over, her strawberry nightgown flowing down to her ankles. She selected a soft pink dress, with silver detailing and held it up to me. "Go try it on." She grinned.

***

I looked at myself in the mirror. The dress fit perfectly, although the corset top was a tad uncomfortable. The pearls of silver placed so carefully around the bust and down to the waist, down to the bottom of the dress, that cut off at my ankles. I loved it, I smiled. I remembered what I was doing when I heard a knock on the bathroom door, followed by, "Luigi? You alright in there?" I walked to the door and opened it. Peach gasped and covered her mouth, soaking in the image that was in front of her. "You look amazing, but we need to get rid of that mustache."

"No!! I've been growing this out for years!"

"Then I guess you're to chicken to go through with this." That got me, I sighed, nodded and she grabbed the scissors. She began chopping away at my mustache, until it wasn't there. Afterwards, she smiled triumphantly.

"You look just like me now." She was only slightly sarcastic. I had always been teased for having a feminine face, but Mario always stood up for me. "Aaaaaaand if we want this to work even better, I could be you!" She giggled, but I could tell she was serious.

"Would you even want to do that?"

"Anything for my best friend."

I smiled. Everything was going so right. But that means soon everything was bound to go wrong.

Very wrong.

A/N: Thank you guys so much for reading the first chapter of 'Fake-Out'!! I hope you enjoyed and plan to continue reading! If you have anything you'd like to see later on in the fic, feel free to comment below!

Happy Holidays!

-Jay