6: Alien.

~peach pov~

That. Was. Humiliating. I literally just vomited all over my best friend, who I tried to make a move on? I am not in my right mind. I really miss Luigi, like a lot. What is wrong with me? I just need to call him, to talk to him. Dammit.

I sat there in a pile of vomit and my thoughts, when Daisy stepped out. She had a pair of round, silver glasses on and a towel wrapped around her body.

"Can I- er- borrow something of yours to wear?" She was clearly embarrassed to ask.

"Sure!" I smiled, "Wear anything you like."

She nodded and went through my clothes, settling on a long white hoodie, and shorts.

After she finished changing, she began cleaning up my bed and the floor, changing my sheets and the cover of my blanket. It didn't take her long, only about 15 minutes. When she finished, she sat down next to me.

"How're you feeling?" She asked, in a tone that let me know something was up.

"Yeah, it's just a stomach bug I think, it's been happening for a while."

"How long?"

"About two months, why?"

She heaves out a sigh, "Has it ever occurred to you that you might be.. y'know... pregnant?"

I froze. The thought hadn't occurred to me at that point, but now it really seemed likely. But now that I thought about it, it seemed entirely possible. "I- Maybe."

"Did you uh-" she stopped to clear her throat, "Do you have any idea who the dad could be?"

I couldn't. I thought back through the past couple of months and I couldn't remember even doing the deed. But then.

"oh shit." I breathed out.

"what? who is it?"

"I- In context, I was going through a rough time, and I partied a bit to hard, but- Well he shapeshifted into a very handsome man and i couldn't help myself, I-" she put her hands on my shoulders.

"Who is it?" She asked, a stern tone in her voice.

"Well uh- I think- It might have been- err-," I couldn't get it out, "King...king b-b-b-"

"Peach it's okay, I won't judge."

"King boo."

"Holy shit."

"Yeah," I turned away embarrassed, "I didn't know it was him, he looked like a prince."

"But shapeshifters can't change their face, remember? Only their bodies."

"It was a masquerade ball. We were both stressed and- oh dear what have I done!?" I began to hyperventilate and covered my mouth.

Daisy scooped me up and pulled me onto her lap, scooting back against the pillows at the back of the bed. She pulled down the slightly see-through cloth over the bed and began rocking me back and forth slowly, trying to calm me down.

It did sort of work, but how was i supposed to be calm if i'm going to be a mom? how am i supposed to raise a kid, let alone around mario? jesus christ i'm scared.

"I can help." daisy spoke after we had sat in silence for about 5 minutes, i looked at her confused until she spoke again "i mean, I can help raise the kid. I've had experience around kids and it'll probably be hard raising them alone so i just thought-"

I smiled, my breathing slowly steadying back to a normal rhythm. "I would love that."

She smiled and pulled me closer. I thought that what Daisy and I did all those months ago was an impulsive decision on both sides that wouldn't affect our relationship or sexuality at all. But i'm so wrong. I think.. well I think i'm in love with her. But I can't be gay? I've been in love with men. Shitty men but still men. So then i'm not gay? What the hell is wrong with me.

luigi pov

that was close. i mean like, really close. jesus christ that was way too close. At some point i'm gonna have to tell bowser who i really am, but he would hate me, maybe even kill me.

I want to go home. Not to mushroom kingdom, but to home home. Brooklyn. Sure back in the United States it was really shitty for people like me, but it was still home. Shit, we haven't been there in years, maybe even longer if time runs differently. SHIT Pablo probably starved to death. But i don't think there's any way back, and i've made a new life here, and I think it's been going pretty well. Except for when it hasn't. Mario's a dick now but he hasn't always been. I used to be teased a lot for being different, they'd call me an alien and other things because I wouldn't talk much and struggled to make eye contact. I had the same thing for lunch every day, a sandwich, milk, and apple sauce. I would throw a fit if the school was out of it and I couldn't have it. I was an outcast, but Mario was popular. He was athletic, strong, and got everything he wanted. All I could do was cheer him on from the sidelines. Well, no. I couldn't even do that. I remember specifically one time he was competing in a tennis match, and my mom had to take me home early since I wouldn't stop crying. I was 14. He's always been the one in the spotlight, it's never been me. We're the Mario Brothers. Mario and Luigi. Why can't it ever me Luigi and Mario? Why not the Luigi brothers? I've been here with him every step of the way. And still I get nothing.

Maybe I am an alien. It would make sense. Maybe that's why I suck at having conversations. Maybe that's why i'm never recognized. Maybe that's why nobody would ever love me. The only person who ever chose me was Pablo, and now he's probably dead, or worse. That damn cat was one of my favorite things in that world, but of course Mario hated him. Maybe somebody took him in after we disappeared. God, i sure hope so.

A/N: ok so for anyone wondering who originally saw the Thomas part I was gonna have some lore n shit with him being like Luigi's boyfriend I'm the real world who was like about to die of aids but I scrapped that so yeah lmao sorry