5

|bowser pov|

Everything was going great. Peach seemed to be happy, Mario hasn't tried anything. It was perfect. But something was off. I think it's best to ignore it, since everything was going so well.

Peach and I had plans to go out into the town, and hang out. Maybe i'd buy her a few things. Who knows.

I stood outside her room. She was changing into something cooler, so she wouldn't get too hot outside.

When she stepped out, she was wearing a black spaghetti strapped tube top, and light denim shorts. I exhaled and took in the sight before me. Her hair really did make her look different, she was almost like a completely different person, but almost more beautiful than before. Her lips were full, and glossy. She had put on lip gloss.

"Are we ready to go?" She put her hands on her hips.

"Uh, yeah." I smiled and held out my hand. She took it and we began walking.

*luigi pov*

I can't believe i'm going on a date with Bowser. My brothers enemy, and the one who's supposed to be mine too. But it's Peach he's in love with, not me. She's back at the castle, probably half dead at this point. Dammit, this is all my fault. I fidgeted with the strap on my tube top, as the car bowser and I was in took us down the hill, and into town. From a distance, I could see fairy lights strung as a canopy over the town. As we got closer, I could see how similar their town was to ours. The residents were living their own lives, unlike what we had learned to think, that they were all menacing, and wanted to kill us all the time.

Once the car slowed to a stop, Bowser got out and opened the door on my side, offering his hand to me. I almost stepped out, before I looked around and saw all the lava.

I inhaled sharply and Bowser sensed my fear, "Are you scared of the lava?"

I paused, and muttered something under my breath.

"What did you say?" Bowser asked

I repeated myself, apparently still not loud enough.

"What??"

"I ASKED IF YOU WOULD PLEASE CARRY ME!" I yelled. Heat rose to my face when I saw everyone staring at us, "I mean you don't have to I just am like really scared of the lava but I can walk just fine i just don't..." I continued rambling on and Bowser just looked at me. He let me go on for a little while before saying, "I was going to carry you when you first asked, but whatever."

He picked me up and set me down on his shoulder. I was very small compared to him, I looked like a small child riding on their fathers shoulder. That's what I felt like. The floor was so far below, but I felt safe up here. I watched as we walked, looking at all the townspeople staring and pointing at us. I forgot he was royalty here.

"I already made reservations at a restaurant, I hope you don't mind." He spoke, walking toward said restaurant.

"Oh no, I don't mind." I smiled, and so did he.

We walked inside and sat down at the table, a booth in the corner. It seemed to be a French restaurant of sorts. I began looking at the menu, and so did Bowser. I eventually found something that I wanted, so I sat my menu down. I didn't notice that he had been staring at me, but when I looked at him he shifted his gaze.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, i'm fine."

"Okay." I looked out the window, and he cleared his throat.

"You look beautiful." My breath caught in my throat.

"So do you, you look very handsome, I mean." He smiled and I began fidgeting with my shoulder-strap. I felt more confident when I was with him, although my anxiety was still there, It was a lot better. Bummer that I left my meds in Brooklyn though.