5

august 4, 2023

it has been a while since we gotten approved, and we've been spending our summer at the lake house. Knowing that we have to get everything ready having to go down to chicago and set up my apartment is a disaster.

"Honey, you have to get everything ready for tomorrow!" Mom came in, "Yes i know" i groaned. "I don't want it to take forever because yiu didn't finish packing your stuff." she said worried "Yes i know! can you please leave now!" i raised my voice "Okay then." Mom says quietly shutting my door to my room.

next day

today we are going down to chicago. i'm scared. i've never lived alone before and it's very new for me, also i don't know what im going to be getting myself into... but we'll see i guess!

"chicago time!" quinn started to clap while we were done packing up the car.

"Can you stop now" i said tired. i seriously don't want to do this, i just want to be in my bed.

it's been at least 2 hours or more and we made it! "We're here" dad says. "when are we going home?" said luke waking up from his nap. "shut up!" i slapped his arm "Owwww!!" he yelled, holding his arm where i slapped him.

we have made it up to my apartment. it is cute, nice view, 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom which is nice since i'm living alone, a small kitchen area, but is oddly comfortable already.

the guys had moved all of the stuff in the apartment, while me and mom started to decorate. And, we are finally done setting the things up.

"wow, that was fast." i stood there with my hands on hips.

"You did like nothing." jack said, "okay well..." "okay well what?" he said giving me a look.

"nothing." i rolled my eyes.

it was time for everyone to leave now. "we're going to miss you, sam" says dad pulling me into a hug "me too, it's going to be weird without you guys" i said. "we are also unfortunately going to miss you too sami" luke said coming into the hug, "yeah we'll miss you" chimed in jack. "My little sis is going to be on her own!" quinn laughed, "the house is going to be extra quiet now." mom said shedding a tear.

my family had just left, this is crazy. i am living alone. like that is not real, i am living in a simulation...

i don't really know when we have to start going in but i know that my parents wanted me to move in today, so i can get used to this new lifestyle.

i sat down onto the newly soft couch and stared into the city lights.

life is not real anymore because i might be in a different universe.