☾ 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 20 ☽

Y/N's POV ˚˖°

June 18th, 2002, 12:30 P.M.

The drive back to New Jersey wasn't too bad. Ray drove again, with Frank also in the front seat again. Mikey and Gee were in the middle row while Rory and I were in the back row of seats.

I fell asleep halfway through the ride. I always seem to fall asleep in cars.

"Sugar...wake up.." Someone whispered as they sat next to me. I rubbed my eyes and blinked, as mt eyes adjusted to the light to see Gerard sitting next to me. "We're home."

"Already?"

"Yeah, and we gave you some extra time to sleep, we already unpacked all our equipment and put it back at my house."

"Yeah cool, where's Rory though?"

"We dropped her off at her dad's house, she wrote down her address though."

He handed me a tiny piece of paper with some scribbled down words on it. "Oh okay, thanks." I said with a smile as I kissed Gerard on the cheek.

"Anyways, I'd like to y'know go in my own house and say hello to my brother. I think this is the longest I've gone without seeing him."

Gerard chuckled and shuffled out of the van, waiting for me to follow, so I did. "I'll see you tomorrow sugar, have fun with your brother." He said before walking into his own house.

I crossed into my front yard and stood on the front porch for a few seconds before turning the door knob and walking in.

Then immediately walking right back out, because I just witnessed something that I never wanted to, and never want to ever again.

I sat down on the front porch steps because I didn't know what else to do, and I don't feel like climbing in through my bedroom window.

"Hey, so um, sorry about that.." Lawrie said as he sat next to me on the steps.

"Dude, pouring bleach into my eyes would be a much better apology. I literally just saw you and Addy fucking on the couch. The couch that I, Y/N L/N, sit on too. This is not the welcome home gift I wanted."

He looked at the ground. "Well, you never really told us what time you'd be home today so, it's kinda your fault."

"You could've just waited until later, or gone to your room. Or just not done it at all today!" I couldn't hold in my laugh as I said the last part.

Lawrie laughed too and wrapped his arms around me in a hug. "Sorry again, but still, welcome home."

"It's okay, I guess. And thank you." We let go and went back into the house where Addy was just sitting on the couch. She waved with a soft smile. "Hey, um, I am so sorry about that, can we please forget about it?" She said quickly.

"Yeah, I mean that was traumatizing, but I don't really care." I said as I sat on the ground, right in front of the TV stand.

"Mm, thanks.. Anyways, how was the recording session? And how are you and Gerard? Your brother told me you two were dating!" Her mood changed fast, and start bombing me with questions with a smile.

"Um, okay so, one: It was great. Two: Gerard and I are great, we actually just started dating yesterday. Also we got banned from a bar because I fought Frank and accidentally pushed him off the stage! He's okay though."

"Oh, well that's cool.. I think..?" She said with a confused but happy smile. Lawrie had sat next to her and listened as I talked about the fight. "Did you meet anyone cool there?" He asked.

"Yeah! Her name is Rory, and she's Irish! We actually brought her back with us since her dad lives here so she's gonna live with him now! You'll probably meet her at some point! She's really cool!" Lawrie and Addy smiled along as I talked about the rest of the trip.

Soon enough after a lot of talking and getting Wendy's for dinner, I realized I never grabbed my bags from the van. I don't know how I forgot, but I did.

"I'll be right back guys, I gotta grab my bags from the van since I forgot!" I yelled to Lawrie and Addy before walking out the door, over to Gerard's porch, and knocked on the door.

"Hey, there you are! We're having a party! C'mon in!" Ray said, answering the door.

"Well, I actually just came to grab my bags, but maybe when I'll come over once I put my things in my room. Could Lawrie and Addy come too?"

"Yeah, of course they can. The van is unlocked, I'll know when you're done so I can lock it. Come over when you're done!"

"I will!" I yelled back to him as I walked over to the van and opened the trunk. I quickly grabbed my bags and slammed the trunk shut, then walked back over to my house.

"I'm going to put this stuff in my room, and then all three of us are going over to Gerard's house for a party." I said as soon as I walked back in.

"Just drop your bags here for now, we'll get them up to your room tomorrow." Lawrie said. "Let's just go to the fucking party!"

And with that Lawrie took my bags and set them in the living room before grabbing me by the wrist and dragging me out through the front door, Addy following right behind us.

We stumbled right into the house, and I immediately spotted Gerard sitting in a corner, smoking.

"Hey, there you are!" I said and ran over to him.

"Hey, finally have enough energy?" He joked, reminding of the fact that I was asleep the whole ride here.

"Yes I do. Also, I would love a cigarette."

"Then here you go." He said and pulled out a cigarette from the pack and handed it to me.

"Thanks."

Now, I know this party only starts with us smoking. But a lot went on.

It'll be explained later. At some point, hopefully.

I promise.
—————
Words - 1,032
Heyy, so I might turn this fic into a series called 'Skylines and Turnstiles' cause like the title of each fic will be a lyric from that song, and obvi theyll all be gerard x reader, but what do you guys think of that idea?(PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK)