☾ 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 8 ☽

Y/N's POV ˚˖°

"Why would you quit?! And why do you want me to go in your place?!" I say, dropping the drumsticks onto the floor, and putting my hands on my cheeks.

"Why the fuck would you want her to take your place?!" Frank says, not even trying to hide his annoyance.

"Well she has a lot more experience, and she just plays better and with more energy than me." Bob said with his arms crossed.

"I'm only joining if the guys are okay with it." I say. My face is red from excitement and nervousness, and my legs are shaking.

Gerard, Mikey, and Ray all look towards each other and then at Frank.

"We're fine with it. Frank?" Ray said for the three of them. God, Frank, please say yes.

"No, I'm not okay with it, but if you guys want her in the band then fine." He said, taking off his guitar and leaning it against the wall.

"Congratulations, you're in. See you guys soon I guess." Bob said, waving goodbye and walking back upstairs.

I must have made a weird face because I can hear Gerard laughing. Quickly enough I can feel someone's arm wrap around my shoulder. Gerard of course.

"You're mouth is gonna be dry if it hangs open for much longer." He jokes. Oh, my mouth is just hanging open. That's a side effect of shock.

"So, I'm the drummer now?" I ask, not even sure if I'm dreaming.

"Yeah you are." He smiles. His smile is so cute, I love it. I think Lawrie is right, I do still like him.

"Cool."

"Cool." Gerard repeats back. We didn't realize that Mikey, Frank and Ray had all gone upstairs. Had we just been standing here staring at each other?

"Gerard. Does Frank hate you because of what I did?"

"No, he's just...mad. He doesn't hate either of us, don't worry, just like I said mad at us."

"But he shouldn't be mad at you, it's my fault!"

"Not entirely, I did give in to the kiss."

"We had sex, Gee! I let all happen!"

"Would you just stop! It's not all your fault!" He said, a bit loud before putting his lips on mine to shut me up, his hands cupping my face.

I kiss back softly before pulling away.

"Look, we can make out later, but let's go hang out with the others." I say rather quickly, not thinking it through before saying it.

My face goes bright red and I know it. He stares at me for a second before trying to hide a grin that's slowly appearing on his face.

"Okay then, let's go up, but I'll see you later, sugar..!" He said winking at me before running up the steps.

I stood there for a second. Maybe he does still like me.

I then quickly ran after him and into the living room where everyone else was already.

I sit in between Gerard and Ray, sitting criss-cross for some reason. It's more comfortable I think.

"We were thinking about going to the mall or something, you wanna come with?" Ray asked me.

"Yeah, sure. Who's driving though?"

We all looked to each other. Sure, we all have our licenses but we don't trust each other to drive.

"I vote Mikey!" I yelled first. He's the most calm and controlled of us all so, I say let him drive.

"Me two!"

"Me three!"

"Me four." Followed the other three.

"Ugh, fine, are we taking the van?" Mikey said as he stood up to grab the car keys.

"It's the only one with enough room, so yeah, duh." Said Gerard, standing up and following his younger brother.

Mikey grabs the keys and we all walk outside and get in the van.

"I call the back-backseat! And I want it to myself!" I yell jumping in the car first and laying in the back seat.

Gerard laughs as he gets in one of the seats in front of me. Ray sat next to him and Frank was in the front next to Mikey, who was obviously in the driver seat.

The mall isn't too far from our street, just around a 20 or 25 minute drive I guess. We're blasting music on the way to the mall, mostly Gerard, Ray, and I singing along.

"Should I stay or should I go now?
Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go, there will be trouble!
And If I stay, it will be double!
So, come on and let me know!"

God, do I love The Clash.

Maybe 6 songs later we finally make it to the mall. It was like a fight in the back seats to get out. FYI, only one door in the back of that van works, so we were basically fighting to get out first.

"Ever heard of the rule ladies first you dipshits?!" I say budding my head in between Gerard and Ray.

"Oh my, well I'm so sorry, please go first, princess." Ray says teasing me and bowing his head at the open door.

"Thank you, Fro-man." I reply, stepping out of the car and standing next to Mikey as we wait for the other two to actually get out of the car.

"Look, Gerard and Ray, we're going in! Lock the damn car when you're done fighting like two little girls in elementary school." Mikey said, throwing the car keys into the car and starting to walk through the parking lot to the mall doors. I didn't know what else to do so I just followed him into the mall. Frank was a little bit behind me.

As soon as we entered the mall we could see the chaos. There were a lot of people everywhere. But it is a mall of course. The only thing is, it was a lot of people me and the boys knew, which means they all probably knew what had happened last night at the party. Look, with the people we go to school with, word spreads fast.

"Guys, wait up!" I turn around and see Gerard and Ray running towards us. "Sorry we took forever."

"It's fine, I think we were just about to go to Hot Topic." I say smiling at them as the finally stopped, both of them breathing heavily.

I couldn't take my eyes off of Gerard, the way he chest rose and fell with each breath he took, the pink on his cheeks, the way his eyes shined in the light inside.

"You okay there Y/N?" Gerard asked, furrowing his eyebrow.

I was staring for more than 10 seconds, of course I was.

"Yeah, fine. Perfect. Y'know what, let's go now, I really want to look at the studded belts they have!" I say quickly, making an excuse and then running toward Hot Topic.

Is this actually what love makes you do? Is this how I'm supposed to feel and act?

No, I need to calm down.

----------

Words - 1,120