III

It's been a week since I have come here to this world of novel. Since I had not read the novel before I had no idea other than what Mr M had already told me. So I did some research, I mean I just asked my maids. Yeah, I have maids and a lot of them at that. 

My personal maid is Emily, she is a young girl of eighteen, and she told me that she has been attending me few years. So she knew a great deal about me.

I have also since been talking to Alexander, we have meals together, and he checks on me every single damn time whenever he gets freed from his work.  I have gained useful information about the empire I am currently residing in.

So here it goes, everything I know.

My name is Evelyn Gracia and I am the sister of Duke Alexander Gracia.  The Gracia dukedom is one of the most powerful dukedoms out of the three dukedoms that are here in the kingdom of Samar. The other two dukedoms are The Wellenton dukedom and the Lanster dukedom.  I feel like there are things he hasn't told me, but still, something is better than nothing.

My parents the Late duke and duchess died in a carriage accident, some years ago. So I was Alexander's only family.

Evelyn, the person I am right now, was a cheerful and outgoing person, according to my maid, but after the death of her parents, she became reserved. 

As of the incident that transpired the day before I came here was that I went to meet someone, without an escort, and was attacked in the back alley. When Alexander reached there he found me unconscious, of course, I was unconscious, and a man dead beside me. What followed after was only chaos, as Alexander searched for clues behind the attack.

I am right now in the garden sipping tea, by the way, this is the only place I am allowed to go since I am still recovering. That brother of mine is way too overprotective, and that is given since his sister was attacked a week ago.

"Evelyn", Alexander said disturbing my thoughts. He was sitting beside me the whole time while I was busy in my thoughts, "You seem to be thinking hard about something. Is everything alright?"

"Um brother, everything's alright, I was thinking about going for a stroll out of the manor. Besides I am almost healed now. All those healing spells helped." Those healing spells are really much better than our modern technology by the way. I mean my wounds which would have taken months to heal in the real world, were now healed in just a week.

"No."

"Huh?"

"No Evelyn you can't go anywhere till you are fully healed, besides---"

"Please brother" I cut him off, "Pretty please", I said with all the cuteness I could gather. 

"It won't work Eve, give up, last time you went outside, you lost your memories and got yourself killed."

"But I can remember you now, see" I lied.

He sat still for a moment as if thinking something, and stood up and whispered something to his Secretary Thomas, which made Thomas stare at me, and then he rushed out of the garden.

"I will allow you to go." Alexander remarked after the long pause, " But if you follow one of my wishes."

"Deal", I said without bothering to ask what was his wish. If I could go outside of this manor, anything would be fine.

"Deal?" Alexander asked surprised.

"Yeah... deal... I'll follow your wish and you allow me to go outside."

"Deal it is then." He then turned his gaze to two figures walking towards us in the garden, who then came and halted before us.

It was Thomas and beside him stood a familiar face. He was Mr M. And I faintly got the idea of what Alexander wanted from me. He wants me to have Mr M. One might wonder why he making it sound like a deal, well because the OG Evelyn was so much against the idea of having a personal knight.

"He is Edmund Florentine, and he will be your personal guard from now." He said with a smirk on his face, "Take it or leave it."

"Well, I guess, brother, I could use a personal guard. Besides I was attacked just a few days ago, so having a guard you chose for me is better" I said and noticed he was surprised but nodded to himself. He might have believed the reasoning I gave him. 

"Edmund Florentine", he turned towards Edmund, his gaze as cold as the arctic iceberg and continued, "I will tear every limb of yours if my sister gets as much as a scratch on her body."

Chills, He wasn't lying, he is capable of that, I looked at Mr M, and he was taken aback too, but gained his composure and said, "Yes your garce." He said and looked at me.

"Greetings to my lady, Evelyn Gracia." He bowed. Why is he doing these things? I don't know how to greet, at least not the way greetings are done here.

"yeah... Hello Sir Edmund." I said hoping that my brother would not notice my lack of refinement, which he actually didn't. He was talking to Thomas who was briefing him about something.

He stood up from his chair, and said, "I have to go, Eve, I have a meeting to attend. And you are allowed to go outside but not until next week"

"Well, okay brother." I sighed something is better than nothing.

He left but not before burning Edmund with his gaze.

"He is scary," Edmund said flopping himself on the chair in front of me.

"No, he isn't."

"You need to get your eyes checked, and see that you have accepted your reality, given how you are calling him your brother and even defending him."

"Is there anything I could do? Besides I feel sad for him, I mean he lost his sister and he doesn't even know it. I may as well play that part for him, at least till I am here." I said and he nodded agreeing with me. 

"Say Sir Edmund, how did you pull this off...becoming my knight?" I asked him and saw a smirk grow on his face. I shouldn't have asked. He is going to brag now. I know I just know.