Chapter 17: gm_scuffed_rebound

After ending my conversation with the blue cat, Blaze informed me that she needed to go do something because she was being notified by her... device. Was it a phone, or a tablet? It could honestly be both, as the size of the device was confusing, as it was thick for a smartphone but small for a tablet.

Either way, she left to go "warm something up," as she put it, and after explaining what she could do and what she has done in the past, I am slightly worried by the prospect. Actually, nevermind. She's probably off on a combat mission now that I think about it.

"So uh..." The other person in the room speaks up. I turn my head in response and take her features in.

So what exactly is up with the whole 'incredibly long hair' thing? I've noticed a good deal of people in this world sport hair that definitely has to be a pain to manage. I can't even begin to imagine what fighting with it must be like. Don't get me wrong though, I'm very sure they can fight since they were modelled to be this way

The music room distorts as the colours flash away into grayscale as Intelligent Hud highlights her model, its name fading into view. Skipping past all of the file directories, and—so her name's Vigna, huh? Kinda reminds me of 'vinegar' when I voice it in my head.

...

Unless I'm pronouncing that completely wrong.

...

Anyway—

Vigna looks up at me whilst her guitar's head leaned up against her shoulder. Yes, she is that short. The guitar's length is only a head shorter than her's.

I look down, both at her and the guitar, the latter's red body being shaped like a 'V', decorated and personalised in stickers and... whatever other stuff is affectionately plastered on there.

"...How exactly did you get in here without me knowing?" Vigna crosses her arms, giving me a pointed look of indignation. Her accent sounds vaguely American but I'm not a hundred percent sure if that's right.

Deciding that I don't want to answer that question, I shrug before pointing at her guitar. Giving her the 'what' instead of the 'how'. She was trying to play Never Fade Away earlier but it didn't sound right!

"My guitar...? Wha—that doesn't answer my question! Ugh!" Vigna rolls her eyes at me and takes her guitar by the neck, walking towards a sizable amp to which she plops herself down on its edge.

Having decided I wasn't worth her time, she takes a phone out and makes a great deal of positioning the screen away from me, but that audio is unmistakably a recording of me as Johnny Silverhand, playing Never Fade Away.

I observe her fingers positioning above the ebony fretboard. They're the correct chords but... she doesn't seem to be dextrous enough to confidently go from one to the other. Yeah alright, hold on one moment. I know just what to do.

Jogging towards the corner of the music room, I grabbed a spare quarter-inch cable that hung from a rack before moving to a spot behind Vigna. With a "Hey!" She tried to turn around to keep an eye on me from being overly nosy about what she was watching, but she couldn't turn fast enough as doing so might make her guitar fall. So when she finally got to looking at me, I had already spawned in a guitar on the floor.

Vigna jerks in surprise and nearly falls off the amp before stabilising herself to stare at me in confusion as I connected the guitar to an amp, making sure all of the knobs were turned down so that the studio amp didn't scream or anything like that.

"Hey, wait a minute—That's—!" Vigna started going off about something regarding the guitar, but I was too busy making everything sound right, from pitch, volume, gain, drive, and whatever. Thankfully the questions from Vigna stopped as it was starting to get annoying trying to focus on the guitar's output.