CHAPTER 2: gm_roadkill

When I overheard Exusiai talking about how expensive some of her bigger guns were, I was in a dilemma where I could continue to spawn in guns and use them, potentially painting a large target on my back, or not spawn in any more guns, and be forced to use some other unorthodox option.

From what I've gathered from the prices long rifles were only seen in the hands of Sankta, whilst handguns were a bit more common. I think the reason was about how they all come from a single place so perhaps there was a monopoly on them. Exusiai mentioned something about the bullets being the more expensive thing but she did not specify why. This is somewhat true in the real world but the way she described it was very different from what regular gun owners would.

 As I sat in the backseat, Exusiai had decided to sit next to me at the back of the car whilst Croissant took shotgun with Texas driving. I'm surprised she hasn't asked any questions yet.

"So where's the minigun?"

Fuck.

I turn to Exusiai and I try to act clueless, tilting my head.

"Y'know, I've only ever seen miniguns in the hands of the Apostolic Knights- Ooh! Are you an ex-knight? But wait you don't look like a Sankta- actually, you don't have any traits, what's your race?" Exusiai bombarded me with questions referring to my secrecy. I would answer but Exusiai took it back. Honestly, being mute kind of has its perks because I can't think of a realistic and believable answer to these questions... Or I just didn't want to and had my decision automatically be made for me.

"Exusiai stop you're frightening him to the point where he can't even speak... oh wait... " Croissant... I don't even know... Bruh.

"I-I know, but you DO know he pulled a minigun out of what is essentially his pocket right?" I mean, sure I wasn't exactly thinking when I did that but...

"Exia, please-" Texas tries to calm down the mock interrogation!

"And then he PUT IT BACK INTO HIS POCKET. This man's a mystery Croissant, if he were a Sankta then It'd probably be more believable-" Exusiai ranted as she had both hands on her halo, which looked like it was as if she was pulling her hair out. That is until she was interrupted when something ricocheted off the (thankfully) reinforced windshield of the car. I couldn't tell what did hit but it was insanely fast.

"Crossbow bolt." Texas simply states, jeez, those animalistic traits aren't for show huh.

Texas changed postures and leaned down a little bit as she put her foot on the gas. Croissant leans back and down with an uneasy expression that just reads, "Well I can't do anything." Exusiai cursed as she racked the charging handle on her vector. Expectantly, she turns to me and right there and then was when everybody in the car other than me adopted an incredulous facial expression as I now suddenly have a suppressed M82A1, an anti-materiel precision rifle. 

Texas looks at me through the rearview mirror with a worried face, Croissant does a belly laugh as she slaps herself on the leg. Exusiai... well... 

"We are going to discuss this over apple pie later." 

Exusiai says with a... smile, before turning back to face our adversaries.

A black van with three suited men, armed with crossbows is aiming back at us. These people have a different vibe than the mafia I mowed down earlier. I rack my charging handle and get ready to blast these people to kingdom come.

Exusiai immediately hops into action, positioning herself so that her head and upper torso are out the window and begins shooting bursts of fatal damage at the van and its angry passengers.

Croissant gets the bright idea of telling Texas to roll down the front-right window so I can get a shot off. She does so, allowing me the chance to essentially shoot through their entire van.

Due to the incredulous size and suppressor, I have difficulty positioning the gun out of the window as the gun barely fits in the car. Even if there is a suppressor, it is only really meant to be used at a longer distance. So I try my best so that the business end of the gun is fully out of the window so that I do not blow out Croissant and Texas' ears.

At the right moment, I fire a shot. The bullet travels through the cold night air, tearing the air apart with a shockwave, pushing the air aside to make way for the payload. The first impact removes the right arm from the shoulder down, painting the inside of the van red. The second cleanly pierced through the wall behind the driver's seat of the van, causing a massive exit hole that threw shrapnel, allowing the bullet to go through with an added shotgun effect. The third impact liquidated the insides of the driver's upper torso with the 50 BMG bullet and the shrapnel. The fourth impact had the bullet lodged more than halfway into the blood-splattered windshield of the van.

The black van unceremoniously swerves, causing one of the suited men (and the severed arm) to fall out, and crashed into the side of a building.

Everybody cringed at the sight as Texas and Croissant rubbed their ear with their hands, trying to get over the sudden loud noise so close to them.

To everyone's surprise, the steel-grey 50 calibre anti-materiel rifle is gone, hidden in my inventory, replaced by empty hands.

"Damn... as much as I don't mind carrying around my hammer and shield I wouldn't mind being able to do that with the things I sometimes buy... " Croissant remarks with an envious glint in her awe-wide eyes. I shrug as Exusiai continues to stare at the enigma that was me, trying to understand me.

"I agree, it is impressive arts usage." Texas groaned as the ringing in her right ear was beginning to fade out. Arts? What the heck was that? I don't emote in any way to not arouse any suspicion.

Exusiai flipped the safety back on her vector and deflates into the car seat with a sigh of relief.

~<GM_TERRA>~

I did not expect the skyscraper that I spawned on top of was the skyscraper where the client was at. 

"Woah, our client is at a Raythean Industries skyscraper?" Exusiai remarks as she gets out of the car. "Come on Construct, Croissant and Texas will stay with and protect the car. Just grab the package and don't let anyone touch it." I do a mock salute as I follow her inside.

The lobby is as lavish as it can get, funded by the money that comes in from Raythean being known for being one of the main producers of weapons used throughout the world, in addition to being extensively involved in robotics. There are many displays of cutting to bleeding-edge products. Most of them I didn't recognise (obviously) but there were some cool looking ones.

The receptionist stares at us before Exusiai holds up an ID card, causing the receptionist to nod and call the elevator. After a while the elevator arrives, we enter and Exusiai taps the interactive elevator screen for the top floor. Seems like our client must be a pretty big shot huh.

The elevator arrives, and where we are supposed to be greeted by the client. Except, what I did not expect was there to be an army of Siracusan mafia on the other side of these elevator doors. How can I tell it was the mafia and not just another group of regular suited men with weapons? Obviously it was the fedoras.

Well, I'm basically out of ammo for the minigun and the 50 cal is not appropriate in this semi CQB situation.

I guess it's time for a new weapon.