Chapter 11

It's been 2 weeks since Smitty ate Lucy's lunch. It's now August 29th and Lucy and Tim had decided to take the day off. They have another doctors appointment today.

Lucy- "Hey babe"

Tim- "Yea?"

Lucy- "How do you feel about going to the fire station for a few hours?"

Tim- "Sure, why not"

Lucy and Tim were getting ready. They were about it to put their shoes on. Lucy got sharp pain in her stomach, but she didn't want to Tim to find out because she knew it was probably nothing. They soon arrived to the station and went up to the beanery.

Lucy- "Hey guys"

Travis- "Oh my you are getting so big!"

Vic- "I can't wait until the babies come!"

They all greeted the couples with a hug. Lucy got another sharp pain, but she knew how to hide her pain, so nobody noticed. She wasn't worried about it as  it only happened once every hour. They talked for another hour before Lucy had to go to the bathroom. As she stood up she got another sharp pain, but this time it was hard to hide. She gripped the table. Her knuckles were white. Tim and the guys were in the gym. The girls were in the beanery with Lucy.

Andy- "Are you okay?"

Lucy- "Of course I am. I'm still not used to walking around with a bowling ball attached to me."

Lucy went pee and came back. She had another pain 45 minutes after the most recent one. At this point Andy was worried. As soon as the guys walked into the beanery Lucy hid the pain.  They all sat at the table. They continued to talk.

25 minutes have passed since the last pain.

Lucy- "I think we should get going. I wanted to stop by the police station and then we have a doctors appointment."

Andy- "Okay, but let me know if you need anything. I mean it."

Lucy- "I will."

They talked for a couple more minutes. As they stood up Lucy got another pain. She grabbed hold of Tim's shoulder and had the other hand under her belly. Everyone began asking if she was okay including Tim.

Lucy- "Guys, I am fine. It's probably Braxton Hicks."

Tim and Lucy headed to their station. Lucy was still having contractions every 30 minutes. after an hour they started to become closer together. Lucy went to her desk and started working on paperwork that she hadn't finished on her last shift. She didn't want anyone knowing she was in pain. She didn't think of the possibility that she could be going into labor because she is still only 34 weeks pregnant. She was having contractions 10 minutes apart and they became increasingly more painful. She waited until one passed before she got up to go hide in a room.

Lucy hid in Tim's old office. Angela was looking forward to talking to Lucy, but she couldn't find her. Angela went up to Tim.

Angela- "Where's Lucy?"

Tim- "She went to her desk."

Angela- "She isn't there."

Tim- "She will turn up. We have a doctors appointment in 2 hours."

Angela- "Well I guess i'll just wait."

Tim- "Okay"

An hour passed. Lucy's contractions were now 3 minutes apart. She finally realised that she wasn't experiencing Braxton Hicks. She stood up leaning over because she couldn't stand the pain. She opened the door and walked toward her desk. Angela seen her walking in pain and ran up to her.