Chapter 4

____
It's been 6 months since they had gone to the beach. 6 months since Tim and Lucy started dated. Lucy and Tim had gotten into a heated argument because they didn't talk to each other before making decisions. Lucy was pretty upset so she decided to text Andy. It's 9am.
____

••Andy••• text.

L- Hey. Do you want to go out for coffee and ice skating or something.

A- Sounds like fun. Should I pick you up

L- Yes. Meet me at Tim's house in an hour

A- See you then

••Real Time••

Lucy- I'm going out with Andy. She'll be here in an hour. [her tone is different because she is still frustrated with him.]

Tim- Okay
_____
Lucy gets changed into thermal black leggings and a red knitted sweater. She curled her hair and did some light makeup. She put on a black beanie. She then here's a knock on the door. She opens it.
_____

Andy- "Hey you ready?"

Lucy- "Yes. Just have to put on my shoes"
____
They leave and head to the coffee shop. They park and go in. They sit at a table and start talking.
____

Lucy- "Sorry for texting you so short notice."

Andy- "It's okay. You are one of the closest friends I have now."

Lucy- "Thank you and you are too."
___
Andy can tell she isn't herself
___

Andy- "Hey is everything okay." she asked as she grabbed Lucy's hands.

Lucy- "Tim and I are in a pretty serious argument. I don't like using the word fight. I don't know when is the appropriate time it should be called that though. I also have a lot of other stuff coming back to me today. It's just a lot. I'm a lot."

Andy- "Well I've been in fights and arguments with my husband and we made it out stronger than ever. I believe you guys will get through this."

Lucy- "When did you know that it was a fight and not an argument."

Andy- "Arguments are essentially a heated conversation or disagreement, as it isn't pleasant. You usually talk it out and get past it. When you fight with each other, you are purposely mean to the other person. It's really important to know the difference between the two. Are you guys hurting each other? How long has it been going on."

Lucy- "He made a decision at work, without discussing it with me first. I tried to talk with him about a UC job that Nyla and Angela asked if I could do. I told them I had to talk to Tim first. I told Tim that I wanted to do it, but I wanted to talk to him first, even though he didn't come to me before accepting his without talking to me. I told him that I valued his opinion enough to ask him first. He went off talking all about how I already made my mind up so there was no point in even asking him."

Andy- "Are you guys actively talking about it or are hurtful things being said?"

Lucy- "It's been going on for 3 days. The only time we talk is if we tell each other we are going somewhere, or if it's necessary at work."

Andy- "It's best if you sit him down and talk about it later. I can even play as a mediator if you want."

Lucy- "Thank you."

Andy- "You said that there was other stuff going on as well. Do you want to talk about it?"

Lucy- "Um 3 years ago today I was kidnapped at a bar. I was tattooed by a killer. He engraved my day of death into my skin. [She lifts her sweater and shows the tattoo] I was buried alive. When I was pulled out of the barrel I wasn't breathing. Tim had to do CPR. It was the most traumatic thing, I've experienced."

[They talk about that and then hours go by. Andy and Lucy arrive at Tim's house. Andy follows Lucy inside]

Lucy- "Tim we need to talk" she yelled into the other room.

[Tim came out and sat on the couch across from Lucy. Andy was sitting on a chair so she could see both of them]

Tim- "What is it Lucy. Why is she having a conversation with us."

Lucy- "She's here as a third party. We haven't really spoken in 3 days and we practically live together. Whatever this is, it's a problem."

Andy- "You guys are going to take turns expressing how you feel about the argument and reflect on how you messed up and what you can do next time"

[They get started]

Andy- "Okay, Lucy you first."

Lucy- "Tim. When I came to you about the UC job, I hadn't said yes yet, because I do value your opinion. You scolded me for  -making a decision without you- when I hadn't even said yes yet. Not only that but you scolded me for something that you did the day before. Even though I was upset that you didn't talk to me first, I still had enough respect for you to come to you before I made a decision"

Andy- "Okay now Tim,"

Tim- "I didn't think you'd care that much that I said yes to metro. I don't want to see you go for months at a time on a UC job. I'm sorry."

Andy- "Okay now Lucy, do you think that any of this is your fault and what can you do differently next time."

Lucy- "I should've talked it out instead of walking off. That's what I should've done."

Andy- "And you Tim?"

Tim- "It was my fault, I shouldn't have gotten angry especially because I hadn't talked to you about metro and you still valued my opinion about UC. I got mad at you for something you didn't even do and I'm sorry. Next time I will try to take a deeper understanding into these things"

Andy- "This is really good. Do you guys have anything else to add?"

[They end up making up and Andy goes home]