25

I grabbed Camilla's hand and walked out the door of the hospital

I grabbed Camilla's hand and walked out the door of the hospital. When I stepped out there was a black car at the entrance with a man opening the door for me. Of course she had to go all out and do something like this. I knead my forehead then took some steps towards the car and got inside with Camilla on my lap.

"Mommy this our car?" Camilla asked, tugging on my sleeve. I nodded and cupped her head, "One of many now, your other mommy is really rich." I told her, making her eyes open up wide, "Other mommy?"

"Remember the woman you saw in black earlier? That's your other mommy honey." I told her, not really sure if she understood completely. She hummed and nodded, "I was born to be princess" she said flicking her hair and putting a hand on her hip.

I busted out laughing and she chuckled with me. "Yes my love, you are a princess." I told her, adjusting a strand of hair on her face.

"We're here ma'am" The driver said, rolling down the window. I reached for the doorknob but before I could open it the door was already being opened. I stepped out with Camilla in my arms and thanked both of the men. They nodded at me before getting back in the car and driving off.

I walked up the steps and to my apartment. Today has just been too tiring, I wanna get on my bed and sleep for days. Sometimes I wish I didn't have so many responsibilities. But oh well, that's life.

I unlocked locked the door and headed inside. "Baby, are you hungry? I can cook you something." I asked Camilla, she yawned and nodded. She was playing at the park for hours, then couldn't even get some sleep at the hospital. She hasn't had her nap all day, no wonder she's tired. I feel guilty.

I'll cook her some quick pasta then put her to bed. Or better said, put us both to bed. I'm just as tired as she is. I set her down on the living room carpet. "Watch some of your cartoons while I cook okay? I'll be done soon." I told her and started heading to the kitchen.

As I walked in there was someone sitting on the island chairs, Alexis. I gasped and held my chest. I felt as if my heart skipped a beat. "You're going to give me a hard attack the way you keep popping up in front of me." I told her, she chuckled and signaled to a brown bag on the counter. I raised my eyebrow at her, as if asking what she meant.

"I brought y'all some Italian, thought I'd save you the trouble of cooking." She said, standing up from her chair. I nodded slowly, "Thank you, I appreciate it." I said, and she started walking towards me.

She stepped up until she was right in front of me, looking down at me. "There's also something I wish to talk to you about, so don't call the kid over yet." She said, tilting her head, I nodded back in response.