Chapter 4: Scientist

Tom awoke early on Sunday morning and slinked out of bed with a deep groan he could not be bothered he knew he had a long day he pulled out his communication device and switched it on he muttered.

"Eden, can you send a pod we have urgent business in Russia to attend to."

"Yes sir." Replied Eden in his flat robotic voice. Tom switched to a different channel; he speedily wrote a message to the defenders to meet him at the usual spot and that he needed to speak with them.

Tom slowly stood and slightly limped down the stairs. He didn't notice the limp that he had gotten after a battle but it was nothing he couldn't handle. Once Tom reached the foot of the stairs he loudly said.

"I'm going out."

"Ok." His mother replied. He walked with his limp to the door and pulled it open, stepped outside and shut the door behind him. Tom continued limping to the park but on the way hid behind a tree to armour up he continued on and reached the park in around about ten minutes his leg was hurting a lot more now, but again nothing he couldn't handle he met up He first met up with Jacob, followed by Yaswin and then chip. The three boys all volunteered.

Some confused murmurings began.

"Alright I get it you're confused and excited but I need to talk to you all." Said Tom.

"We have been invited to a lab by a friend of biologist Victor Usev apparently there has been mass murders and his son Dmitry a renowned scientist has been recruited to look at the evidence and using his biological prowess to find the killer or some weird bull, but needs us to catch the killer and build tech to render a virtual construct of the most recent murder." Tom stated. There were murmurs.

"how do we know this isn't a trick?" Asked chip.

"We know because the news of the murders are travelling around the web." Answered Eden.

"I think we should go and if he's dangerous and tries to kill us we kill him." Tom added.

"Wow, jumping to conclusions already Tom." Said Jacob sarcastically.

"He's just being careful." Yaswin chimed in.

"Eden set course." Jacob said, cutting off the brewing argument. Eden naturally obliged and said in his robotic voice. "

"setting course."

"Engaging thrusters."

"Launch in five, four, three, two, one." The ship buzzed to life and blasted into the air the screens displayed estimated flight time one hour.

"One hour!" Tom exclaimed.

"That's mental." He added. The flight was fairly long and mostly uneventful apart from Jacob vomiting in his helmet which then needed to be cleaned mid flight but after that it wasn't long until they touched down in Russia.

"Sir we're landing." Eden said, sparking to life.

"Good:" Tom replied.

"Shake a leg everyone we have a scientist to meet ."

"Everybody off." Said Eden.

"I'll leave the ship here for a few hours don't kill usev please Tom or Jacob,or will for that matter I know you are the ones that would do that."Eden added.

"Okay we get the concept Eden!" Will exclaimed. They walked across the town and made it to Usev labs,as they walked in and Dmitry greeted them.

"You must be Dmitry?" Tom asked.