Chapter 1: Wake

CHAPTER 1: Wake

Tom

September 15 2020

6:20 am

Our story begins here following a young boy.

"Erghh shut up!"said Tom as his alarm bellows throughout his humble room as he slipped out of bed he picked up his phone and turned his alarm off when he noticed an odd message, he thought nothing of it and moved to dress himself.

Then a brief flash of bright white light.

"What the hell was that."he whispered to himself, fear now shooting through him.

"Probably just seeing things!"he stated tiredly Tom walked down stairs groggily and began making his breakfast as he sat down he contemplated his morning and his day ahead as he moved to prepare his school bag his hand stopped hovering over his bag's handle. He saw what looked to him like burn marks. Tom blinked a couple of times and the marks had vanished. He prepared his bag and noticed it was already 7:20. It was a Tuesday so his mum slept in and his dad was away for work.

He sat down at his old oak table and began watching YouTube on his Iphone six but he wasn't watching for long until his alarm for school went of he realised how long he was watching for he rushed to grab his coat and shot out off the door nearly missing his key.

He turned to walk over the bridge and there was another brief flash of light again he dismissively thought he was seeing things and as he walked down the winding path he crossed under a train bridge and as he was directly beneath its centre it collapsed and crushed him beneath.

Tom awoke buried in rubble and as he pushed away metal and concrete he saw that he wasn't where he was when the bridge fell. He was in a matte black void his heart was racing ,his head spinning with worry, fear and confusion He began to wander to find a means of escape he wandered letting his mind escape from his reality but then he turned back around to look back at the pile of rubble, now his only point of reference, but when he turned he didn't see debris he saw a throne and who sits atop it is a creature with a ghostly dark black and purple appearance and four Others flanking him.

"Who are you?" Tom questioned.

"I am Erebos and you, you will die". The creature said with a sinister smile the fiend launched its arms forward and from his fingertips beames of energy were blasted towards Tom.

The darks might alongside the elemental power of his guardians now flowed through the child's veins. Tom yet again awoke in the pile of rubble but when he escaped he was at the bridge once more his heart was racing he pelted towards his school wanting to flee from the bridge as fast as possible he shortly arrived at his school and sat down at his desk he finally felt safe his mind racing he tried to focus but he couldn't he felt a massive pain in his side and his veins went purple for a few moments. It was history first and he was studying Mythologies and stories. He came across an interesting tale the story of Oron the wise it tells the story of Oron and that one day a boy and eleven others would rise and defeat the forces of evil it also said Oron had a brother with the power to control dark energy Tom was surprised as he read it from photos of ruins and scrolls but that energy that was the very same energy Tom was blasted with or he was given the power to manipulate darkness he thought it was just a tall tale and moved on with his day Putting the incident at the bridge down to a hallucination brought on by sleep deprivation and stress and that he may have skimmed over the story before. Yeah that seemed right.

Soon enough it reached break time he walked through the corridor and went outside he turned a corner and was shocked to see the school bully Tyler who had Jacob Tom's best friend pinned against a wall he saw red he was very protective of his friends.