Reward?

We both walked off to the training ground. I kinda just followed Callisto there and it was surprisingly silent with no one around. A bit too silent to be a coincidence so I wanted to know what was going on. Besides his timing earlier was a bit too good as well. Perhaps someone had warned him or told him that I would be there. I mean yes he knew about the tea party because the maid came into our room but other than that... how could he exactly know that I needed help?

Callisto: Did you eat or drink anything there?

Me: No.

Callisto: Good.

Me: How did you know, I needed help.

Callisto: That snake always has something up her sleve. I already thought something like this might happen... and you decided to bake a cake?

Me: Yes, why not? You know what the people say?

Callisto: Oh what do the people say?

Me: Love goes through the stomach first and I kinda hoped that she would be more friendly towards me with a bit of a better attitude. How should I know that she would trip a maid.

Callisto: Did you get hurt?

Me: No... tea was just splashed on this dress....OH MY GOD! The dress!

Callisto: It't fine. I can order you another one.

Me: But this one must have been expensive too! 

Callisto: It's alright as long as nothing happened to you.

Me: Nothing happened.

Callisto: Good.

Me: .... Can I ask you something?

Callisto: Go ahead.

Me: Why are we at the training ground?

Callisto: Oh you are asking only now?

Me: Yes.

Callisto: I have a gift prepared for you.

Me: A gift?

Callisto: Yes. You did well dealing with that snake.

Me: .... It's fine.... I don't need a gift.

Callisto: Then take it as a reward for doing such a good job.

Me: What?

We continued to walk until we both came to a halt. There servants more like guards that came towards us and they had a person with them. Said person had a bag above their head covering them completly but I was more than just confused what he meant.

Callisto: I had investigated your family a bit further and this here... is the maid that had bullied you over the year the most.

I was totally confused and thought he would present me Eckles for some reason since this person was wearing some men's clothing. However when he said maid, I started thinking about my personal maid but that was not it either. The moment they took the bag off their head, I saw the headmaid there. She was supposed to be on the same level as Penel the butler in the mansion but she was responsible for the kitchen and all the other maids in the mansion.

Me: What is this supposed to mean?

Callisto: This person right here was bribed by the queen to give her some personal information on you. Of course this didn't happen since I caught this little rat beforehand.

Me: ....

Now it made sense. Of course did the queen ask for more personal information and who should she get it from than the head maid herself since my maid was now with me or should be send here soon. Maybe she already arrived but I haven't seen her since I got out of the mansion.

Me: And my maid?

Callisto: She is assigned to be your personal maid as you wanted it.

Me: Thank god...

Callisto: Tho if she hurts just one strand of your hair, her head will fly.

Me: She knows that. She is not stupid and she changed... she is the only one who was willing to change and I want to give her a chance.

Callisto: You are way too nice. Did anyone tell you that?

Me: No and what do you want to do with her?

Callisto: I thought, I let you decide on how to punish her.

Me: Hmm.....

He came closer to me and then whispered in my ears which I was not expecting. For some reasons I started to feel a bit hot around my cheecks and knew that the tingeling sensation of his breath was pushing me to think about just what had happened in the morning while we were in the same position.

Callisto (whispering): Your wish is my comand. So just be honest.

Me: ....

What should I do?

What can I do?

I can't save her... can I?

She betrayed me and she was willing to act with the queen who certainly wants me dead.....

Does that mean she wants me dead as well....

What the hell am I even thinking?

Of course this person wants me to suffer or she wouldn't have instructed the maids to treat me that way in the duchy or would have stopped the unjust behaviour.

There is no need to feel regret or mercy for her.

It's either live or die here...

I need to be careful about my actions as well.

For some reasons I thought going with Callisto was like walking on eggshell's but it was not true. He in fact was actually more caring and observing then anyone else.