I Fear Without You I'd Lose My Mind

Narrator's POV

The group continues to walk through the forest as they make their way towards Hawkins Lab, clearly not a good idea given the fact the Demogorgons were heading there, then again it wasn't very often that they had a good idea regarding any of this, because all the ideas ended up with them getting in trouble one way or another.

Steve and Y/n walk in front while the three kids walk behind them, having their own conversation as they walk. Meanwhile, Steve and Y/n walk quietly side by side, paying attention to their surroundings as they look out for anything dangerous.

"Thank you for saving my ass back there" Steve says breaking the silence, mentioning when he shot one of the Demogorgons.

"You don't need to thank me, Steve, I'm just glad I was there to help" Y/n replies looking at him with a gentle smile on his face, Steve smiles back at him, "Plus you also had my back"

"I know, but still, thank you"

Another silence follows the two as they continue walking, stolen glances shared between the two, their shoulders brushing against each other every once in a while.

"So, when did you become a gun expert?" Steve asks playfully turning to look at Y/n, who smiles to himself while shaking his head.

"I'm decent. I asked Nancy to teach me the basics in January, just in case, not that I actually thought anything like this would happen again, but I'm glad that this time I was more prepared" he responds.

"Well you're not bad and trust me I don't think anyone thought this would happen again, but here we are, following the path of some Demogorgons, for some reason" They both chuckle at Steve's comment.

With the forest covering the moon and the only thing guiding their path being their flashlights Y/n doesn't notice a tree in front of him as he looks at Steve, who notices just in time to pull Y/n by his arm and away from the tree, their bodies bumping into each other.

"Thanks" Y/n mutters quietly, taking a step back from Steve as he notices how close their faces are, turning his focus back in front as he continues walking.

As they start nearing the end of the forest they hear shouting, Steve and Y/n stare at each other as they point their flashlights forward trying to figure out who's out there.

"Steve?"
"Y/n?" Nancy and Jonathan say in unison as the group walks out of the forest.

"Nancy?"
"Jonathan?" Steve and Y/n ask right after as they walk over to them, the kids following right behind, everyone confused.

"What are you doing here?" Nancy asks, to which Steve repeats the question.

"We're looking for Mike and Will" She responds.

"They're not in there, are they?" Dustin asks worried, Nancy turns to look at Jonathan and then back at the group.

"We're not sure"

"Why?" Jonathan adds, just to get his answer when from afar the screeching of the Demogorgons can be heard, everyone turns to look to the side, the lab now in front of them, where the sound is coming from.

Everyone starts talking and asking each other questions, Jonathan and Nancy wondering how they all made their way to the lab and the others asking the two what they had been doing and how they figured out that Will and Mike might be at the lab. Everyone was talking over each other, the kids asking question after question and explaining everything that happened back on the bus.

"The power's back" Nancy shouts making everyone stop talking, the light in the lab back on.

Jonathan runs past his car to get to the button to open the outdoor gate, blocking them from getting inside the lab, hoping that since the powers on it will work, everyone follows behind him.