Chapter XV "Infected Attraction and Poisonous Love"

(Y/n) POV:

We where all formally attending the Mayor Walkers funeral, apparently someone had pulled his oxygen pipe out, causing his flatline; now everyone was standing with their umbrellas in the rain by his coffin, and I simply stood there as Enid and I held hands with the coffin slowly being let down into the grave and buried.  Although it wasn't me who ended up pulling his plug and caused his death, I still felt the guilt of knowing that I was the reason he was in such a condition in the first place, and when I looked over towards Laurel; putting on her upset act, I saw through it and knew she was smirking on the inside.

As everybody then left and walked away, my vision shifted towards Wednesday who was now running off in another direction just as Enid slowly pulled me along with her back to the dorms to process what we had just seen happen "...Who do you think did it?" I asked Enid, attempting to remove the silence between us. I didn't receive a response for a good few seconds before I heard her voice speak up "I'm not sure... I just don't wanna point fingers," she admitted "...Fair," I sighed and responded, the silence then filled the air again as we continued walking without so much as a noise being heard.

The silence was eventually broken, however, when Enid spoke up "(Y/n)... If there actually is a danger approaching the school... are you still gonna be there for me?" she asked, concern present in her voice "...Of course I would..." I silently said, the guilt becoming even more intense as I understood just how deep of a grave I dug for myself.  We made it back to the campus, walking through the halls before I suddenly stopped, causing Enid to stop as well and look at me with confusion "Something wrong?" she asked as I took a deep breath and looked at her "Enid... I... I have something I need to tell you... as a secret," I confessed "What is it?" She asked, her interest peaked.

I felt my heart race at the fear of what would happen when I told her what I knew, but I couldn't hold back this secret any longer "Enid... You know that danger that may come to the school, right?" I asked and she nodded in response "Well... Ms-," "(Y/n)!" I heard Laurels voice from behind me, making me freeze in fear.  I slowly turned, her fake face on, but her glare clearly aimed towards me "Oh! sorry! Am I interrupting something?" she asked, her smile growing a bit "N-No... I-I-I was just-," "If that's the case, may I speak to (Y/n)... privately?" she asked Enid while slowly gripping my shoulder, her grip on it as tight as a carnivorous plant with prey it had just caught.

Enid looked at me, almost as if asking for my help on what to say, and as I looked towards Laurel with her glare even sharper than before, I knew she was threatening me into telling her to leave, and so I complied and signaled to Enid to do so "Okay... see you later, (Y/n)!" Enid yelled before leaving me and Laurel alone in the halls.  Her grip tightened on me even more, as if trying to draw my blood with her hand alone "You must think I'm stupid..." she said, her voice sinister and the complete contrast of her act "...Possibly I do," I retorted, attempting to hide my nerves from her, but it's like she saw right through it.

"You think this is a fucking joke?" she asked, grabbing the collar of my shirt "Maybe, perhaps you should become a comedian after this," I talked back, keeping my cool as she seemed to get further bothered by my calmness of the situation "So... you think you can just reveal everything and opt out of this entire plan?" she asked.  I didn't even attempt to face her, keeping my head low as she let go of my collar and crossing her arms "...Perhaps getting rid of that mutt will bring you back to your senses-," "NO!" I yelled, breaking my silent act as she now smirked "So... you do react~" she chuckled at my sudden reaction.

"...Okay... you got me, but let's please at least think reasonably about this," I attempted to convince her "Oh? Then please, explain why I shouldn't have Tyler kill her at this very moment?" She challenged, clearly attempting to make me slip up and fail to answer her question while simultaneously watching me struggle. Although I was under pressure, I managed to give an answer "Just think about it... if a student were to disappear with no explanation, and no direct ties back to me, that would lead to an investigation... and even if you attempted to frame me, I would spill everything I know... either way I die, but watching you get put in cuffs will be worth it," I explained.