Chapter XIV "New Breaks and New Builds"

(Y/n) POV:

I slowly started waking up, yawning a little before trying to move, but realized something was on top of me 'What in the-,' my vision cleared up a little and I saw that what was keeping me down was actually Enid; who was still in deep sleep with almost no sign of waking up any time soon '...I should probably wake her up,' I thought to myself.  I gently nudged her, attempting to shake her awake "Enid... it's morning," I whispered, yet she didn't budge a bit "Enid, I'm not above slapping a person to get them to wake up..." I threatened, but she was still knocked out "...Fine," I sighed while managing to push her off me; allowing me to sit up in my bed.

I stretched and managed to stand up from my bed before hearing my phone start ringing 'I swear to god...' I picked up the phone and checked the caller ID; it was Laurel "Son of a..." I cut myself off while looking over at Enid who was still asleep; prompting my to quietly enter my bathroom and answer the call "What?" I asked, rubbing my eye sockets while yawning.  It took awhile to get a response, but after a few second she spoke back "What are you doing right now?" she asked "Just woke up... ruining my day by talking to you," I insulted "Hold the attitude (L/n), I need you for something," She responded.

I groaned in annoyance but nonetheless asked "What is it?" "Get down stairs and meet me in front of the Allen Poe statue," she instructed before hanging up '...I hate my life,' I put my phone down and fixed myself up a little before stepping out and seeing Enid still asleep 'I'm sure she'll be fine,' I walked up to her and kissed her forehead before stepping out my dorm and heading down the stairs.

Enid POV:

As soon and (Y/n) left, I sat up straight, recalling the conversation; although hard to hear, wasn't too hard to make out 'Who could that have been... and why does (Y/n) hate them?' I asked myself while standing up from the bed, still having the thought in my mind, but deciding not to dig into it while exiting the dorm and heading back to my own.

(Y/n) POV:

I slipped by the few people around the Quad and stood in front of the Allen Poe statue, looking around while attempting to not look too suspicious before suddenly being grabbed by the back of my shirt and pulled backward "WHAT IN THE-!" I regained my footing and held my hands, ready to defend myself but stopped as the statue I was standing in front of a few seconds ago, was now closing in front of me. I was confused at first before hearing Laurels voice echo "Come down here," I heard her say as I looked around and saw the stairs leading down and was clearly where Laurels voice was coming from.

I walked down and was greeted by the sight of her standing in front of a painting of someone I couldn't quite make out "What do you want me for now?" I asked, attempting to catch her attention, yet while she didn't even face me while responding "During my time with you, I saw your display of strength countless of times... but you conceal it, don't you?" "Quit the flattery, what do you want?" I asked with growing impatience. She slowly looked towards me before moving the painting and revealing a safe behind it "Open it," she coldly ordered "What's in it?" I asked "The next step to defeating the Outcasts," she vaguely explained "But what's in it," I emphasized "None of your concern at this moment," she argued "Then get your pet to do it," I spat back.

We stood glaring at each other for a while before Laurel spoke once again "Tyler isn't allowed on school grounds, and it's extremely difficult to get him down here without being scene, so you're the next best option," she explained "I missed the part where that's my problem," I retorted "(Y/n)... I'm no longer asking," she took a step forward "Ooo~ I'm shaking in my boots," I taunted. She walked up to me, now face to face with me "Unless you want the Sheriff to get an anonymous tip on who attempted to kill the Mayor, I suggest you do as I say... and open the fucking safe," she threatened, clearly starting to get pissed.