Chapter IV "New student and farther friendship"

(Y/n) POV:

I was woken up by the sound of my door knocking as I groaned in anger before sitting up "SCREW OFF!!!" I yelled while falling back my bed as the knocks only got louder "God damnit," I said while getting up and walking towards the door and answering it "WHAT!" "Wednesday has arrived," I heard Laurel say before walking away which only made me more pissed for my wasted time. I then took a deep breath and put on my uniform, along with grabbing a hoodie and mask to hide my face as I walked out and towards the Quad as I waited in a corner and stayed silent while minding my own business.

After sometime, Enid came into the quad with a goth girl, who I presumed was Wednesday and started showing her around while talking to others, I was fine simply watching from a distance before getting ready to leave until "(Y/n)!" I heard my name being called as I turned around and saw Enid walking towards me with Wednesday behind her. "What?" I asked as she stepped aside to reveal Wednesday who looked even more gothic up close "This is Wednesday, Wednesday, this is (Y/n)," Enid introduced us as we didn't even bother to try and greet each other "Can't say I really care," "Me neither," Me and Wednesday said as I tried to walk away again.

I was then stopped by Enid walking in front of me "You know, this is getting old," I said as Enid just shrugged "Just wanted to remind you of our deal and that I'm gonna win," she said as I moved her aside "When pigs fly," I said while continuing to walk away and luckily didn't get stopped again.  I then entered my dorm and saw Laurel standing in the middle of the room as she appeared to be waiting for me "What do you need?" I asked which caught her attention as she turned around and spoke "I came here to bring you to meet Tyler," she said as I just nodded and walked back towards the door "Then let's hurry before anyone notices," I said as we both walked out and she led the way.

~Time Skip~

After a while it started raining and we eventually made it to a cave that she led me in and as we got down, I saw a kid with brown hair and pale skin "(Y/n), meet Tyler," she said as Tyler simply waved "What has he done so far?" I asked as Laurel responded "So far he's killed four people to gain strength," "So he's been killing even before you told me?" I asked while glaring at her.  She just shrugged as I looked around and saw many deer skull and chains on the wall "What were the chains used for?" I asked as she then revealed a syringe "Needed to keep him still while unlocking his Hyde," she said while putting the syringe away and started cradling Tyler as a mother would do to their child.

"I could have gone my entire life without seeing that," I said while turning around and groaning as Laurel then came beside me "What is the plan and why do we need Wednesday?" I asked suddenly as Laurel just chuckled a little "You'll find out, but right now, I need you to keep her alive until the time comes," she said as I just nodded and walked away.  "Make sure you clean off those boots, last thing we need is to be found out early," I said as rain started falling and I walked back towards my dorm while trying to think of what Tyler could be used for and once again on why we needed Wednesday.

~Time Skip~

I got to my dorm and took off my hood and shoes while also changing out of my uniform before laying on my bed and trying to get relaxed while closing my eyes to try and fall asleep "If anyone knocks on that door, I swear," as soon as those words left my mouth, I immediately heard a knock at the door which caused me to get up and walking towards the knocking.  I then stopped in front of it and sighed out of disappointment while grabbing the door handle opening it "Better be something good, or I swear-," "Hey (Y/n), can I come in?" I heard Enid say as I felt a little pissed "Make what ever you have to say quick," I said while stepping aside, allowing her to enter.

"Now, what the hell do you-," I was then cut off again by her suddenly speaking in a semi-angry tone "I literally can't handle Wednesday, I thought she'd just be a chill person, but she changed our zoom without permission, she's getting on my nerves, even more than you," "I'm sorry, what?" I said a little confused as she always acted happy around me despite everything I said to her.  She then kept on ranting on about how she was annoyed by Wednesday and after a while, I NEEDED her to shut up "Hey, want to play a quick game?" I asked as she suddenly stopped a little confused "What game," she said as I reached into a bag that I had and pulled out a chess board.

"I'm a little rusty so expect me to go easy on you," I said when in reality I just wanted her to stop talking "I'm not sure, I'm still a little annoyed," she said as I set up the board "Just one round, if you win at something I'm sure you'll feel better," I said while pointing her towards one side and she reluctantly sat down.  "Alright, you know how to play?" I asked as she shook her head as I could tell that she was still a little upset "Well let me explain," I said while going over what each piece could do "Understand?" I asked as she nodded and I cracked my knuckles "Then let's start," I said as the game ended as quickly as it started.

A/n: Your the white side, Enids the black side

I then realized what had happened and was left in disbelief as I could hear Enid try and hold in her laughter "That did make me feel better," she said as I was still left speechless "Wanna go again?" I heard her ask as I just put the pieces back in their places and put away the chess board "Who taught you to play?" I heard Enid ask as I just laid on my bed.  "My dad," I said as she got up and sat on my bed "Guess you weren't lying about being rusty," I heard her say as she started snickering, but I didn't feel anger "Shut up," I said, but for some reason, it didn't sound as if I was angry "Is (Y/n), being playful?" I heard her ask as I suddenly realized what I did and stood up.

"I wasn't, please leave," I said, but again there was no anger in my voice "Why, do I need to?" she said with sarcasm in her voice, but this didn't annoy me, rather, it made me feel a... different emotion "You don't need to but I want you to," I said as she just shrugged and got up before walking towards the door.  She then stopped before leaving and walked up to me before suddenly hugging me "Thanks, your a really great friend, even if you don't think it," she said as she left, leaving me in confusion on what just happened with my heart pumping faster than it should be as I laid on my bed trying to calm down "Goddamnit Enid," I whispered to myself while trying to fall asleep.

*Knock Knock*

"DAMNIT!" I yelled as I got and answered the door "PERO QUE QUIERES!?!?!" I yelled as I saw Laurel standing in front of me "Did I just see Enid walking out your dorm... happy?" she asked as I just nodded "Why do you ask?" I asked as she looked a me with a disappointed look "I hope you aren't... changing the plan," she said as I realized what she meant.  "No I'm not, the plan hasn't changed, I'm simply making her a friend to get closer to Wednesday for the plan to become easier," I said, which I thought was the truth, but for some reason my body was telling me it was a lie "I'll keep an eye on you," Laurel said before walking away and I shut the door.

I then went back to my bed and laid down while thinking on what I just said and tried to figure out why my body was feeling like I was lying and tried to fall asleep, but I couldn't, I then laid down for awhile before suddenly getting the image of Enid in my mind "Goddamn outcasts... goddamnit Enid," I said while suddenly starting to fall asleep and I feel into my slumber with the final image of Enid stuck in my mind.