Chapter X "White Passion and Crimson Blood"

(Y/n) POV:

I headed towards the quad while receiving multiple stares from people before finally finding Enid "Hey, you ready?" I asked as she looked up from her phone and I was immediately blown away by what she was wearing "I see you took my advice," she said with a surprised look on her face "...You look amazing," I said nervously.  She smiled and blushed a little from my compliment while holding my hand "And despite me already seeing you earlier, you still look great, especially without the hood and mask," she said "This is just me getting comfortable in my own skin... despite not having any," I said jokingly which made her laugh a little as we walked towards the entrance while passing by Laurel with a shocked expression on her face, but kept it suppressed while greeting us and letting us pass.

The music was blasting loudly as we entered with lights that flashed all around "Are you okay?" Enid suddenly asked "Yea, why?" I asked "Well, don't flashing lights remind you of... you know," she said worriedly "I'll be fine, I may have bad memories, but not PTSD," I said while walking in farther with Enid following me.  We found a seats and sat down before Weems started walking towards us "(Y/n), I'm surprised to see you without your hood and mask," she said "Well it's all thanks to her," I said while pointing to Enid "I see, glad Ms. Sinclair managed to get through to you, then again, that's her specialty," she said while walking away.

I looked around the dance room to see people dancing, some drinking punch, and a giant Yeti ice sculpture "That's an interesting sculpture to have in a place like this," I said which caught Enid's attention "Ms. Thornhill Chaired the dance committee this year, so she wanted the Rave'N to feel relevant," she responded "And a Yeti is relevant because?" I asked "Because our theme is climate crisis meets extinction event... but in a fun way," she replied. We talked a little more about the Rave'N before Ajax walked up to us "Hey Enid... and... you are?" he asked while pointing at me "(Y/n), the kid you avoid at all costs," I replied "Right... you mind if I talk to you?" he asked, I stood up and walked with him away from Enid and to a separate table "What are you playing at?" he asked immediately.

I was about to respond, but he cut me off with another question "Why were you trying to get me and Enid together just to end up stealing her in the end?" "I didn't steal her if you two were never dating," I replied "How do you know-," "You stood her up during your outing to the back of the green house, one date doesn't equal dating," I said while cutting him off. "I know your trying to do something, so what is it," he asked with anger growing in his voice "Listen Ajax... you failed to show up when Enid wanted to date you, so when I had to make her feel better, she started to grow on me," I calmly responded.

I saw as his anger grew farther as he asked "You can't just start dating Enid just because you helped her out, you hated her before all that happened," he pointed out "And you didn't grow feelings for her until she asked you out, so if you ask me, we're in the same boat," I responded which caught him off guard. He was about to say something else, but Laurel quickly intervened "Boys, let's not start a fight, Ajax, walk away and let me speak to (Y/n) for a little," she said which made Ajax leave "(Y/n), I do hope what you said about her growing on you wasn't true," she said while holding a fake smile "Of course not... that was just to annoy him," I replied, which seemed to satisfy her as she walked away.

I went back to Enid's table and sat back down as she immediately asked "What did he want to talk to you about?" "Nothing much, he just seemed a little... jealous," I said which caught her off guard "Ajax's jealous... of us?" she asked as I nodded "Guess missing one date and realizing his feelings really did a number on him," I said while taking a sip of the Yeti-tini. I then saw as everyone looked in awe towards the entrance and as I looked too, I saw Wednesday and Tyler walk through together 'Guess Tyler's doing his Job better then expected,' I thought to myself as we looked at each other and gave a slight nod.