Chapter IV - Everything has changed

South England, 1492

South England, 1492

The Mikaelsons and I have been in England for over a month now. Well, by the Mikaelsons I mean Rebekah, Elijah and Niklaus. Finn is with us too. In a way. He has a magical dagger in his heart. Klaus stabbed him almost 400 years ago and has kept him in a box ever since. And I think Kol is in somewhere Africa. However, I'm not sure.

Many things have changes since I died that night. As it turns out Esther turned her children into what they call vampires. She drew on mystic symbols in order to fuel her spell. She called upon the sun for life, and the white oak tree. In order to complete the ritual, Mikael had his children drink wine laced with the blood of Tatia, that apparently was a doppelgänger. When they awoke in transition, Mikael made them drink human blood from a village girl in order to complete their transformation into the Original vampires. Unfortunately for them, there were consequences for this transformation, and nature sought to try to restore the balance they upset by giving them a weakness for every new strength they had gained.

The sun that gave them life burned them, their thirst for human blood was insatiable, and they could not enter a home without invitation. Vervain flowers, which grew at the base of the white oak tree, burned them and protected against compulsion. Finally, the White Oak Tree, which gave them immortality, was also the only thing on earth that could kill them.

When Klaus made his first kill after being turned into a vampire, it triggered his werewolf gene. That is what I saw the night that I died. It also ultimately revealed the truth of his parentage. Klaus was not Mikael's son but was instead the son of the Alpha of werewolf clan, with whom Esther had an affair. Once Mikael learned of Esther's infidelity and realized that her lover's pack were the werewolves who had killed Henrik, Mikael hunted down and killed Klaus' father and his entire family.

As it turned out I didn't fully die that night. I also turned into a vampire. A first ever sired vampire and I became truly immortal. The necklace my mother gave me and that my aunt always scouted me to wear, gave me immortality. Every time I died, it brought me back to life. Until one day when a friendly witch transferred the spell of the necklace into me. To keep me safe we made up a lie that I am also an original and that Esther also turned me the night she turned her children. My aunt made me a daylight ring, identical to the one the Mikaelsons wear and after Esters death, we fled together to the New World.

I haven't been to England since 1237. The last time I was in this beautiful country I met a handsome prince whom I fell in love with. My happiness didn't last long and the handsome prince was turned into a vampire and I had to run away.

I really don't know why Niklaus wanted to celebrate his birthday in this place. Of all the beautiful places in the world he chose to return to England.

I was in my room. The maids helped me dress in a burgundy dress with silver inserts that Rebekah had prepared for me. I hated it when I had to wear dresses with corsets, they were impossible to breathe in and were stiff. I was in the middle of putting up my curls when someone knocked on my door.