Chapter VIII - Homecoming

New Orleans, 2012

New Orleans, 2012

I didn't have much of a choice but to pack my bags and come New Orleans. But not before making a stop in Florida and catching up with my sister. I haven't seen her in almost a century and we had a lot to catch up in. I told her about my adventures and betrayals and she told me about Mystic Falls and what has happened since Klaus undaggered her.

I left the airport and headed to French Quarter for a bite. Marcel has kept the city running magnificly and it is bursting with blood and booze. As long as the tourist flooded through the streets, vampires were satisfied. I still had some trusty people in the city and from them I heard Marcellus has settled in the Algiers. So I got my old car from the warehouse and drove to his loft with my belongings. I left the car and went up to his loft.

"Marcel." I greeted him at the door

He smiled at me and opened his arms. I ran towards him with vampire speed and hugged him so tight that I think I broke his bones. After a while, I let go of him and sat down on the large leather sofa.

"Assuming by how long it took you to get here. You know everything?" He asked and handed me glass of red wine

"Yeah, Me and Bex had a little catching up to do. And I must say, I am not proud of you. What did you thing was gonna happen when you went against him? And trying to bring Mikael in 1918? You knew it wasn't gonna end well?" I said and shook my head.

"Hey you know how Klaus is. You, yourself spend almost century hiding. Don't you think it's time to put him in his place?"

I bit my tongue. He knew my answer. He knew I wanted to live a little and without the rest of the Mikaelsons on my back.

"I am on your side Marcel. But even with my help the two of us and a couple of not even a century old vampires are not gonna go far. He is an Original hybrid. We need more allies. How is your little witch? Davina? I asked

"She is pissed at me. Don't you know anyone that could help us? I mean Klaus has made a lot of enemies."

"Those who hate Klause the most, I banished years ago. And those who hate him less, would like to live a few more years." I said thinking about my sireline.

"And if we didn't have enough problem. Remember when wolves were cursed to be in wolf form for the entire month except the full moon? That damn witch Celeste broke the curse. Diego informed me Hayley stormed to faction meeting this morning. They want place at the table." He said angry and took a sip from his drink.

"And we won't let that happen. We didn't put so much work into cursing them in 90s for them to just return."

"What are you gonna do, Z?"

"First I will try to reason with my family and if that doesn't lead anywhere. War." I grinned at him

______