Fight Into The Night! The Battle of Wedgehurst: Part 2

Summary: The battles come to a close as revelations are had and the fortitude of many is seen!

~ Chapter 8 | Fight into the Night! The Battle of Wedgehurst: Part 2 ~

The egg tipped out of the incubator, falling toward the ground as its cracks grasped the entire shell. A bright light engulfed that entire area of the lab as Eevee ran headfirst into it. All eyes were on the egg, and when the light faded, a collective sigh of relief could be heard as they saw a Pokémon riding on top of Eevee. The sigh was quickly followed by a gasp as they saw what Pokémon it was.

"A Riolu!" Ash shouted, relieved that it was at least safe.

Eevee skidded to a halt, realizing that a Pokémon was riding atop her back. She saw it was a Riolu, the look in the Pokémon's eyes indicating it had absolutely no clue what was going on. Eevee couldn't blame Riolu, it had just been born and was already thrown into a whirlwind of chaos.

"Well, it looks like we might be gettin' some extra credit to present to da boss, a rare Pokémon fresh outta da egg!" Meowth schemed as he tapped his claws against one another.

"Absolutely not! Riolu and Eevee are not going back with you guys!" Ash declared, stepping in front of them. "We'll fight until we can't anymore!"

"Pika!"

"Lax!"

Jessie growled. "I've had just about enough of your twerpishness for today! James, Meowth, let's finish this off! Yanmega, use Silver Wind!"

"And Carnivine, use Energy Ball!"

"Pikachu, Electroweb! Snorlax, use Ice Punch!"

The web of electricity flung from Pikachu's tail encased the Energy Ball and destroyed it right then and there. Snorlax took the brunt of Silver Wind but landed a decisive Ice Punch on Yanmega while she was still distracted after using her attack. Pikachu seized the opportunity and used Snorlax as a jumping-off point, heading straight toward Carnivine. However, Meowth had other plans.

"No way Jose, not lettin' you win dat easily!" He chided, sharpening his claws for another attack. "C'mere!"

Much to Meowth's dismay, in a matter of just a second, Pikachu switched from Quick Attack to Iron Tail mid-air, deflecting Fury Swipes and slamming Meowth down to the ground. Carnivine berated Pikachu with Bullet Seed from above but this was about to be short lived, as Snorlax was charging up a Hyper Beam. That was, until a blur shot past him, crashing into Carnivine's side. Bouncing off, it landed on the ground, revealing itself to be Riolu. Ash turned around, seeing that Riolu had in fact jumped from Eevee's back all the way over to Carnivine, seeing that even Eevee was in shock.

"Riolu, what are you doing?!"

The rowdy blue jackal turned around and just gave Ash a nod. The two felt a connection with each other, and although they weren't fully sure of why, they knew that they could have some level of trust with one another. Ash understood that Riolu wanted to fight, and that he knew Team Rocket was the enemy.

"That little runt!" One of the grunts shouted, pointing at the newborn. "Stop it now!"

"Hey, who do you think you are, calling the shots?" James asked. "We know what we're doing!"

"Are you sure?" Ash questioned with a knowing grin. "This is the end! Pikachu use Thunderbolt, all one hundred thousand volts!"

"Pi-ka!" Pikachu nodded, jumping into the air and slapping his cheeks, spinning around before discharging as much electricity as he could.