Adventure, I Choose You: Part 3!

Summary: A fateful meeting happens atop the back of a Legendary Pokémon!

~ Chapter 4 | Adventure, I Choose You: Part 3! ~

After parting with everyone else, it was finally time to embark on the second half of the trip, visiting the lab in Motostoke. It was a long trip from Wyndon, so they just decided to take the train, a relaxing break after all the chaos they had experienced that day alone. It was still the afternoon after all, the sun was shining and there was still more day to experience. Though Ash and Pikachu did take a little nap on the train to energize, a lot had happened already since they had come to Galar.

Eventually, they arrived in Motostoke, Delia having to wake her son and Pikachu up so they didn't miss the stop.

"It's like this whole city is a machine!" Ash exclaimed, observing the foreign settlement.

Samuel nodded. "They do call Motostoke the 'mechanical marvel' of the Galar region for a reason, it's quite a sight to see!"

The three continued through the city, on their way to the lab which they spotted atop a hill. Mimey walked alongside Delia and noticed a familiar-looking Pokémon accompanying an elderly man walking in their direction.

"Mime...?"

"Woah, who's that Pokémon?" Ash asked.

Pikachu hopped off of Ash's shoulders, approaching it. The Pokémon was holding a cane, and spun it around, doing a little jig to entertain Pikachu. The electric mouse clapped and cheered in response.

"A fine Mr. Rime that is," Samuel commented, the man thanking him in return. "That's the evolution of the Galarian Mr. Mime."

"So Galar has regional forms too? Like Alola?" Ash asked.

"Many regions do, and Galar happens to be one of them, yes," Samuel confirmed.

"Man," Ash held his hands behind his head. "This is gonna be great, whatever happens, I know it will be!"

"Chu!" Pikachu nodded.

'Ash and Pikachu, ever the optimists, soaring now to new heights' Samuel thought to himself.

~

The group eventually made their way up the steps of the lab, and a small, yellow, brown, and white Pokémon was waiting for them, wagging its tail with a big smile on its face.

"Aww, aren't you just the cutest little thing? Aren't you?" Ash picked it up, nuzzling his face against the Pokémon's.

However, this Pokémon didn't exactly take too kindly to a stranger being that close to him, and delivered a powerful shock of electricity, indicating to Ash what type the Pokémon was. He fell back onto his behind, coughing up smoke. Though when it came to Pikachu, the two interacted like old friends, running around in circles.

"Ash, let's not dilly dally, the presentation is supposed to start soon," Samuel said, giving Ash a hand.

They headed inside, the little Pokémon which Samuel identified as Yamper ran up the stairs of the lab to somewhere else as they did. A decent-sized group of people were there chattering amongst themselves while they waited for the professor to start talking. Ash watched as the maroon-haired professor turned to see them enter, taking note of Professor Oak and waving his old teacher over. Ash and Delia waited in the crowd while the professor caught up with his old student, and moments later, it was time for the presentation to start.