Chapter Ten: The End

I walked towards the noise and knew this was the ritual room, then I heard an Imhotep voice followed by Evelyn.

"The Book of Amun-Ra."

"Shut up and get me off here, Jonathan!
Open the book, Jonathan. It's the only way to k*ll him.
You have to open the book and find the inscription."

"Well, I can't open it! It's locked or something."

"We need the key, Evy!"

I walk in to find Anck-Su-Namun mummy fighting Evelyn.

"It's inside his robes."

"O'Connell!"

"Mummies."

Rick fights Imhotep, making him drop his robes to fight Rick, and I can make out Jonathan crawling to the robes and getting the key.

"Look out! There's one there....O'Connell!"

I ran to Evelyn to help her right off Anck-Su-Namun.

"Running off with my Husband you whore."

Anck-Su-Namun did not like that in the slightest and tried to attack me but I kicked her back when she went for Evelyn again whe we hear Jon.

"Here's an inscription."

He reads it out loud which brings dead soldiers out but they are still, Imhotep looks around then orders for them to kill Rick when Jon pales.

"Oh, boy."

"Oh, yeah. This just keeps getting better and better."

"Do something, Jonathan."

I shout at him making him look at me as I help Evelyn.

"Me?"

"You can command them."

"You have got to be joking."

"Finish the inscription on the cover, idiot, then you can control them."

"Oh. Right."

I kick Anck-Su-Namun but she pushes me with force to the ground while I protect me stomach, I looked dazed as I see Evelyn fighting her off again.

"Hurry up, Jonathan!"

"I can't figure out this last symbol."

"What does it look like?"

"It's a bird. A stork!"

I look at Evelyn and we both shout.

"Ahmenophus."

"Oh, yes, I see."

"Jon, hurry up."

I look to see Rick on the floor and Imhotep looking st him wih satisfaction then shouts.

"Destroy him!"

Just as they were about to run Rick through Jon stands up and commands them to stop.

"I command you to destroy him!"

They ignore Imhotep and then Jon looks at him.

"Destroy Anck-Su-Namun."

The soldiers turn and walk towards Anck-Su-Namun before ripping her to pieces, Imhotep looks on his rage as he shouts.

"Anck-Su-Namun!"

He looks in disbelief before looking at me seeing me in a daze on the floor looking me over with his eyes then back to Jon in anger.

"Give me that book!"

He storms up to Jon and grabs him.by the throat.

"Now you die."

He holds Jon up but Rock comes running with a sword and slices Imhotep arm off making Imhotep turn towards Rick wih rage then pick up a sword and start to fight him, I see Jon rubbing his neck but looked pleased with himself.

"Evy, Nia, I've got it."

Evy ran to Jon and opened the book while shouting to Rick.

"Keep him busy."

"No problem."

"Hurry, Evy! Hurry!"

"You're not helping."

I looked over and see Imhotep kicking Ricks arse, I know it was a dore situation but Imhotep did look very attractive fighting as well when he had Rick pinned he looked smug.

"Now it's your turn."

"Oh! I've got it?"

"I call upon the gods to turn this creature mortal."

I look at Osiris charit coming riding in through Imhotep and taking his immortality with it, I looked on with tears as he turned his rage back on Rick.

"I thought you said it was gonna kill him!"

Rick fights then runs him through with his sword causing Imhotep to look at his stomach then looked at me as I looked at him in grief.

"He's mortal."

Imhotep steps back looking at me mouthing that he is sorry  to me over and over as he goes to the pool, he slowly starts to dissolve in there but speaks one last time.

"Death is only the beginning."

With that the place starts to shake and I know this is Beni doing.

"Time to go."

We atart to run but Jon trips and sends the book into the water making me look at him like he is an idiot but Evy is livid.

"You've lost the book! Jonathan, I can't believe..."

"Hurry!"

But Rick and Jon were pulling us along, we ran down the corridor when we reached the treasure room and I could see Jon looking in disbelief.

"Come on! Couldn't we just..."

"No, Jonathan!"

We dragged him away when we made it through till we heard something behind us.

"O'Connell! O'Connell! Wait! Come on, come on! Wait! Please! "

"Come on, come on! Beni!"

"Let it go Beni"

He looked at me but keep dragging the gold and when he finally let go it was too late, he tried to get through but the door closed.

"Goodbye, Beni."

We ran out the doors and away from the site as the loud noises of the city sinking was coming through.

"Look out, look out!"

We managed to get far away while seeing it sink through, once he city was gone and my love with it. I did what I could to hide my tears from the others and out on a smile, we turned to see the Medaji looking st us and Ardeth with them.

"Thank you. Thank you very much?"

"You have earned the respect and gratitude of me and my people"

"Yes, well, it was nothing."

"May Allah smile upon you always."

"And yourself, Yes, anytime."

After the Medaji left, Evy and Rick shared a camel with me and Jon taking the last two then I noticed the treasure at the back of the camels and had to smile at least now they would have a fortune of their own.
We rode off abck to Cario with my hand on my belly with the lift I know had taken root, I would protect my child and see were the future takes us.