Chapter Two: New friends and Boat trips

I looked out the car window on the way to meet Evelyn at the museum of antiques in Cairo after coming back from a dig in China.
It has been twenty two years since me rebirth into this new life with my non identical twin sister Evelyn, she was the adorable book worm while my eldest brother Jonathan was a cheat, pickpocket and just general arse.
I tried to keep him in check but he was a lost case when it came to money that was why our folks left most of the investments to me and a nice nest egg with I invested and grew with future knowledge it made things a lot easier for me especially when world war one happened, I had managed to make a healthy profit and saved as many lifes as I could but war was war and I could not stop it but I did manage to save two of the Tsar of Russia family one who lives in Paris with her grandmother and the other in England with the royal family.
It was nice to be owed a favor by the royal family which I intended to collect at some point but most men were drawn to my looks but scared of the no bullsbit approach I had, thry very insecure ones always complained saying I was a woman and should rely on a man and I told them in polite terms to go fuck themselves which shut them up.
I had met Rick O'Connell a few years back before he joined the French foreign legion and we had a night of fun but that was all it was for me, I left the next day feeling more relaxed.
I had only come across Ardeth bey once and I could feel Anku-sem feelings for the Medaji, we were one person now so I should say my feelings but sometimes it was easier to think like that in certain situations, he was a lot sexier in perosn but otherwise stayed away.
We pulled up towards the front of the museum and smiled as the last time I was here was with my parents to make sure we kept investing in the museum.
I got out of the car and sent my driver off for a while, then walked into the museum.
I had made a name for myself as a Archaeologists and Tomb raider who 'saved' artifacts from sites that were about to be robbed but men thst were bull dozingthere way through sites, I had a personalised vault at my home in England with all my finds in special rooms that helped preserve them from all over the world.
I had another site for the bigger items and others in the future such as sites, I knew he just of were the treasure room would be and with a gift from Anbuis he gave me an expanding bag with almost unlimited space, I would be using that to clear out the room and try to get a hold of the books.
I walked in and heard Terrance, who was yelling.

"Give me frogs! Flies! Locusts! Anything but you! Compared to you, the other plagues were a joy!"

"I am so very sorry. It was an accident."

"My girl, when Rameses destroyed Syria, that was an accident. You are a catastrophe! Look at my library!
Why do I put up with you?"

"Well, you put up with me because I can.......I can read and write Ancient Egyptian, and I can... I can decipher hieroglyphics and hieratic, and, well, I am the only person within 1,000 miles who knows how to code properly and catalogue this library. That's why."

"I put up with you because your father, mother, and sister were and are our finest patrons. That's why!
Allah rest their souls.
Now, I don't care how you do it, I don't care how long it takes, straighten up this meshiver!"

"My my sister, did you not get down from your ladder again and try to reach over."

I said with a cheeky smile, making her blush because I was right, I walked forward and brought her into a hug.

"I did not mean to Nia."

"I know Eve, I think it is endearing. I will help you."

"Thank you, Nia."

I smiled, and we started to clean up the mess when we heard something, and I had to withhold a sigh. I saw Evelyn look like a meerkat when she started to look around, almost making me smile at her, but I followed as she called out.