Chapter Four: Treasure

Rick took point of leading after we examined the preparation room, we had small talk when we heard a crawling sound.

"What the..."

"What was that?"

"Sounds like bugs."

"He said bugs? "

"What do you mean, bugs? I hate bugs!"

"Enough you three."

I said looking at a sheepish Rick and Jonathan but a paranoid Warden before ignoring them and carried on, I stopped now and then getting notes when I kept heard the whisper 'Anku-sem" making me shiver slightly.
We kept walking for a while till we reached the destination that Evelyn had in mind

"The legs of Anubis. The secret compartment should be hidden somewhere inside here."

She said with excitement then just before we could do anything we started to hear noises, I knew that it was the Americans but got my guns ready when me and Rick suddenly turned and came face to face with them.

"You scared the bejesus out of us, O'Connell."

"Likewise."

"Hey, that's my tool, Kit."

Mr Burns said, looking at what Evelyn was holding before I clocked my gun and pointed it at him, making me smirk.

"No, I don't think so."

"Okay? Perhaps I was mistaken."

"Have a nice day, gentlemen.
We have a lot of work to be getting along with."

Evelyn tells them politely when Doctor Allan gets his stick in a twist.

"Push off! This is our dig site?"

"We got here first."

"This here's our statue, friend."

"I don't see your name written on it, pal."

"Yes, well, there's only five of you and fifteen of me. Your odds are not so great, O'Connell."

"I've had worse."

"Yeah, me, too."

We all look at Jonathan when he said that, he only had to go against fifteen when they were beating him up making me tsk at him but I noticed Evelyn looking at our feet and spotting the gap before looking up.

"Oh, look, for goodness' sake, let's be nice, children.
If we're going to play together, we must learn to share.
There are other places to dig."

The other team nodded as did we before leaving the room, but I did fire a warning shot at Allan chamberlain with a smirk, making him jump.
We walking around till we got to a lower level and found about where the feet of Anbuis would be before Evelyn got Rick to dig, I told her I could bring workers but she insisted they didn't.

"According to these hieroglyphics, we're underneath the statue, We should come up right between his legs."

"When those damn Yanks go to sleep...
No offence."

"None taken."

I smiled at that because this was a common occurrence between them slag someone off and then say no offense, but it is just the era, I think.

"We'll dig our way up and steal that book right out from under them?"

"Are you sure we can find this secret compartment?"