Dusk Tears

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

It was like a switch inside your brain had turned on all the lights when she said that.

Your..sister? you had one of those on the surface this whole time? And she..remembered you?

Her smile never faded, a gentle yet melancholy light twinkled in her eyes as she stared at you, Your head was hurting less and less as all the memories focusing on her, She looked so different the last time you saw her and..

The worst memory you could have ever remembered, The last time you saw her, is when you both fell into the abyss.

Together.

She sensed your panic as you held her head in your hand and took deep breaths, "Oh boy-- uhh.." she seemed to panic a bit, unsure how to handle your panic.

In your memories, you remember the terror on her face, both of you had broken your legs, or a leg, from the fall and struggled to even move because of the pain. You couldn't imagine the horror, the fear, of seeing you being dragged away but some monstrosity belonging only to the darkest parts of the abyss.

The world seemed to close in around you, from there you couldn't see nor remember what happened after you were dragged away.

Even if you didn't realize, you had began to cry..

Faye frowned and pulled you close and hugged you tightly, rubbing your back and messing with your hair to soothe you a little bit.

"Y'know, you look a lot different now.." she muttered and lifted a tuff of your hair and tilting her head, "It used to be a shade darker then mine, your eyes used to be diamonds like mine.." she hummed and leaned back and lifted your face.

"Your eyes..far more dead then before.." she frowned and wiped the corners of your eyes to rid them of tears. But you couldn't stop crying, all the memories both made you happy and stung so bad, Had she really gone this long without you? You two seemed so, so close.

The look in her eyes was enough to tell you all you needed to know, she was holding herself together barely, the stitches were beginning to fail, she would snap sooner or later.

"y/n is a different name..why'd you change it..?"

Your eyes widened, you had a name before the one you gave yourself?

That was odd..

You didn't remember.

But at this point, it wasn't a surprised..but you didn't think it was so bad that you forgot the name you were given by your own parent's.

"What was..my name, before?" you asked softly and lowered your head into her shoulder, "Hm, Lillia." she stated softly, "After moms favorite flowers, Lily's."

You jumped slightly, that name for some reason brought back terrible awful memories of your mother..

Yelling, fighting, hurtful words and being locked away in your room. In those memories Faye was nowhere to be seen, it made you second guess your relationship with her, until you realized and remembered.