Brazen.

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

The hallways felt excruciatingly long when at the end you would be meeting one of the most important people in all of Fontaine..on your first day back to the nation of justice?

It felt a little..scary, but Wriothesley's presence and casual jokes helped put you at ease. He was never too serious, or you had yet to see his businessman side, but his voice was always light and playful.

Sure..he does have some dark humor, but the silly out of pocket jokes made you laugh and forget the fact the Iudex was yards away, peacefully drinking water.

"Ah, Wriothesley." He hummed, his voice was deep but smooth, as if when he spoke he would elicit ripples along a peaceful surface of water. His eyes however were your main focus, they were like a colorful sea you could drown in without a second thought. They were sharp, but not as scary..he looked dignified and strong, confident..but gentle.

"Who is this?" he asked and tilted his head just slightly, inquisitive as he sipped his water. Wriothesley looked at you, chuckling to himself seeing your gaze just affixed to the Iudex "This is Y/n, appeared out of thin air in the fortress, and willingly stayed as an inmate." he hummed and pulled out a chair for you and sat beside you once you had sat down.

Neuvillette looked at you, nodding his head "My name is Neuvillette, I am the Iudex of Fontaine." he greeted politely. Wriothesley rolled his eyes, crossing his arms with a laugh "I am pretty sure she already knows that..i think everyone does, in fact." he teased playfully.

Neuvillette narrowed his eyes at The Duke, whom just smiled brightly. "Alright..then, was having the lobby cleared out needed if you were going to bring someone along?" Neuvillette inquired,  "Huh? Well the terms of the contract the Palais Mermonia has with me are still sensitive information, and she is my Bodyguard..besides, i don't think shes that interested in my buisness." Wriothesley stated.

He was a bit more serious when he spoke with Neuvillette, but he occasionally..and subtly, glanced at you now and then to ensure you were comfortable. Though The Iudex said the lobby was cleared out, it seemed the kitchen was still in working order, as suddenly before you was a bowl of Cocotte.

Your eyes lit up, but you were a little confused..you didn't order this, so you looked at Wriothesley.

"What? I promised you more Cocotte." He smiled before looking at Neuvillette again. You watched the waiter go, before looking at your Cocotte and smiling to yourself as you began eating, quietly listening in to what the other two were talking about .

Though you weren't really interested in their talk of mora and contract, law and stuff. You were happy with the food in your face, that was enough to make you happy.

You glanced up from your food briefly but froze, The two were gone, and sitting in Neuvillette's place was the green eye'd woman from before, The veil covering the usual half of her yet her green gaze pierced through it with ease.

"What are you--" You muttered and fear and quickly tried to get up, "Now now, last time you past out because you were so confused." She hummed, that hauntingly beautiful and seductive voice..it made you shiver.

You sat still, clearly still uneasy "Breath, dear." She repeated, and so you took a deep shaky breath..but it did help you calm down a bit. "why are you..here..?" you inquired softly.

"Outside those doors, someone's dead."

She stated, so casually.

"what..?" she hummed and got up, walking around the table and taking a bite of your Cocotte. "But how? With the Iudex right inside..?" you lowered your head, "Mm, humans are weak feeble little creatures. Drenched head to toe in sin, however, this one died naturally." She hummed and set the spoon down.

"So..it wasn't murder?" she nodded and crossed her arms, "No." She hummed and walked behind your chair, patting your head. "Your name is Y/n, correct?" She inquired, "yes..why?" You looked back at her, "Don't you want to know mine?" she smiled seeing you nod hesitantly.

"My name is Esmeray." She hummed, snapping her fingers and suddenly she was gone..you looked at your bowl of Cocotte, the spoon was on the floor and some of the Cocotte was spilled. The two men were missing, but you heard footsteps above.

"Hello..?" You called out and got up and picked up the spoon and set it on the table, "Y/n?!" You heard Wriothesley shout, pure concern in his usually calm voice, Neuvillette peeked over the railing of the second floor and began heading for the stairs at a calm pace..while you could hear more hurried footsteps.

Wriothesley jogged over to you, an instant look of relief on his face as he stepped close and gently tilted your head to the side a bit and held two fingers to your neck to feel your pulse. "Did i disappear again..?" you asked softly as he made sure you didn't need a trip to the nearest doctor.

"Of course..we were so busy talking that we noticed when the spoon his the ground." He hummed and pat your head. You relished in the warmth before hearing Neuvillette's cane tapping the ground as he stepped down the stairs.

"Is she alright?" he inquired and stood beside Wriothesley, looking down at you and trying to look caring, observing you for injuries. But it was hard for a man with eyes as sharp his to look as soft as Wriothesley's without a smile to boot.

"I'm alright..dazed, and out of breath..but fine." You smiled slightly assure the dragon before looking at Wriothesley who seemed to be in thought before look at Neuvillette. "When can we reschedule and finish the remainder of this meeting?" He inquired and crossed his arms.

"Ah..i would say..two months? perhaps three..i am unsure." he sighed and shook his head, "We can talk about it later, yeah? Cool." he hummed.

Neuvillette seemed a little dazed and confused, "ah..alright.." he tilted his head before shaking it and bowing his head at you briefly. "He seems to care quite a lot about your health." he hummed despite Wriothesley's baffled expression, huffing as he left before looking at you.

"The Lobby ought to flood again soon, shall i walk you back to your room?" He inquired, trying to divert your attention from Neuvillette's comment before the door already opened.

In its wake, was a girl with red hair and pristine blue eyes, putting on a brazen display, The Verenata family.

Or at least.

The eldest daughter.

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

As you can see

I AM NOT DEAD