Chapter 3

Y/n pov:
I was lying on my bed, scrolling through tiktok mindlessly. I had nothing else to do. I had literally just sped through all my homework yesterday so that I could be unproductive today.

An edit of Generation Loss with Goodbye Yellow Brick Road playing over it slid onto my screen. I groaned and sat up, turning off my phone. I turned on my PC and got onto Twitch.

I went to Ranboo's profile and found episode one of generation loss. I clicked on it and sat back, watching it cut to the first scene.

*3 hour time skip brought to you by me being a genloser*

About halfway through episode two, Apollo came in with popcorn and finished watching it with me. I only ate a few handfuls, but the fact that I even attempted to eat some of it seemed to satisfy him.

After it finished, he left to go play a game with some of his friends. I called Aimsey. "Y/n, it's 11pm for me. What is it?" She answered exasperatedly. "Well, you're still awake, aren't you?" I asked. "That's a fair point," she replied.

"So why did you call?" She asked. "I just finished rewatching Gen Loss," I began. I heard her sigh over the phone, and I resisted the urge to laugh. "Go on," she said, already sounding resigned to her fate of listening to my rant.

I then proceeded to launch into a rant about theories I had thought of throughout the numerous times I had seen it. After about half an hour of ranting, she cut me off. "Do you want to meet them?" She asked.

TW: anxiety, overthinking

The question caught me off guard. "Who? What?" I asked. "Do you want to meet Ran?" She elaborated. "Aimsey, you know I can't." I said. "Because of your anxiety, I know," she finished. "But they're really nice, I'm sure you'll be fine." She said.

"I have no doubt in my mind that they're nice. But what if I mess up? What if I say something stupid? What if they just don't like me? A lot of people don't like me, you know, " I began. "Y/n they'll like you, trust me. And I really don't think there's anything you can say that's stupid enough to scare them away, " she assured me.

"Somehow, I always find a way to do something wrong." I said. "Y/n, you're amazing, and I'm sure you'll do great. I'll be there for moral support. I'll step in if anything happens. But you're a very likable person, in my opinion. You'll do great!" She finished enthusiastically.

TW over

I covered my face with my hands, feeling my face get hot. I still wasn't very used to compliments, so whenever I got them, I tended to get flustered, no matter who it was. "Ok, fine," I agreed. I heard her clapping her hands in excitement.

"In a few days, I can ask them if they're open to doing a discord call?" She suggested. I nodded and then realized I didn't have my camera on. "Yeah, sure," I said, smiling.

"Yay! Ok, I'll get you more details once I clear things up with Ran, okay?" She said. "Okay, sounds good," I replied. "I should probably go to bed," she said.

"Ok, goodnight," I said. "Goodnight," she replied and ended the call. I flopped down on my bed and exhaled. How did I legitimately feel tired when I had done absolutely nothing productive today?

*3 days later*

"Okay, are you ready y/n?" Aimsey asks. "U/n," I corrected her. "I won't reveal your name to them, don't worry. You know I wouldn't." She reassures me. "Yeah, sorry, I'm just really nervous right now." I apologized. "It's ok." She said.

I take a deep breath in an attempt to calm myself down. "Okay, I'm ready," I said. "Ok," she said. I heard someone enter the discord call, and I took another deep breath. "Hello?" A voice asked on the other end.

"Hey Ran!" Aimsey greeted enthusiastically. "Hi," I said softly. "You must be u/n," they said. "Yup, that's me," I said nervously. "Aimsey tells me you're a big fan of Gen Loss," they said.

"Of course they did." I said, rolling my eyes. "It's okay, I'm glad someone enjoys it." They said. "U/n, you want to tell them about the theories?" Aimsey asked. "Theories?" Ranboo echoed.

"Yeah," I said softly. "I would be open to hearing some," they said. I hesitantly began talking about a more basic theory I had developed. Soon enough, I began talking about the more complex theories, and they seemed to take a few of them into account for later.

Eventually, we strayed from the topic of Gen Loss and just started talking about other random things. "So, I heard you're gonna go see Tommy's show," they said. "How- uuhhhh, how did you hear about that exactly?" I asked nervously.

"I was watching your stream the other day." They said casually. I almost choked. "A person with 4.5 million Twitch followers watches my streams?" I asked, my eyes wide in disbelief.

"Yup," they said. "You're insane," I said, leaning back in my chair and crossing my arms. "How so?" They asked. "I have...what? 400 followers on Twitch? And you're telling me that RanbooLive watched my streams?" I asked. "And I happen to be one of those 400 followers." They added.

"You're kidding," I said. "Nope," they replied. "Tommy is following you too u/n," Aimsey said. "WHAT?!" I screeched. Aimsey giggled. "I'm kidding," she said smugly. "I hate you," I said, crossing my arms. "Simp," Aimsey said. "AM NOT!" I yelled.

A/n: Hey guys! This was kind of just a filler chapter. I also just wanted an excuse to bring good old oreo boy into this. Anyways, I hope you liked it! Please comment. It makes me happy. Please eat some food and drink some water for me. Love you guys <3
-Gem