Chapter Eight

*Warning- Swearing! And sad...*

It was a long month since I found about Eleanor's illness and it had been a roller coaster of a time. The good thing is that I was finally aloud to move out of the care home and live with Harry and Louis, but the bad thing was that Eleanor wouldn't be with me for much longer, she had to go to hospice because the home couldn't look after her properly and give her the attention she needed, but I visited her every day. I had finally come to terms with the inevitability of Ell's death. I still found it upsetting, but I had to act strong for her. I hadn't been able to stop cutting since, and I didn't know if Harry was aware of it or not, if he was, he didn't say anything. As for me and Louis, nothing's really happened. He apologised for being a dick, and we're friends again, but nothing else has happened, but I could still feel chemistry between us.

I was pottering around our apartment getting ready to go see Eleanor, when I got a call from one of the girls me and Eleanor were friends with in school, Ruby, she visited Eleanor quite a lot too. I had always thought I would be ready for when Eleanor died. But I suppose I wasn't. The call from Ruby was to say to go down to the hospice as Eleanor didn't have much time left, I flapped around the apartment not knowing what to do, being scared of what Eleanor's going to be like. I finally sorted myself out and me and Harry got to the hospice. When I saw El, she didn't look herself at all. The steroids she had been taking made her whole body and face swell, and she looked so tired. I took a deep breath and sat in a chair next to her bed. I looked over to Ruby who just stared at El with tears in her eyes. Harry silently stood behind me and placed his hands tenderly on my shoulders. I grabbed El's hand as I don't think she had noticed me yet.

"Hello beautiful" I whispered

"Hey" She said so quietly I could barely hear her.

 "How you feeling?" I asked not really wanting the answer

"Shattered," She replied bluntly.

I chuckled to myself, as even though El was dying, she was still as blunt as anything. I heard voices outside and realised it was the four boys Harry must've texted them or something.

"I think I should stand outside with them, leave you three to it." Harry whispered in my ear.

I didn't speak just shook, then nodded my head. Harry kissed my temple before going up to Eleanor and placing his hand on her cheek and kissed her forehead and left silently shutting the door behind him, We sat there in silence for a moment before Eleanor broke it.

"Amy, can I say something?" She gripped my hand tight

"yeah, sure! What is it darling?" I asked not really wanting to talk as it would just make me cry.

"I'm so sorry for all I've done over the years Amy. I was a bitch. But you still put up with me. If I was ever in a bad mood, I'd take it out on you. I didn't deserve you as a friend. Why did you let me treat you like that?"

"Don't be ridiculous, you weren't like that at..."

"Don't lie. Please." She interrupted

"Okay, maybe you weren't perfect, but neither was I. But that's the beauty of sisters. We can treat each other like shit and get away with it. Because we're family." I said, crying.

"S'pose so, I still am really sorry... I love you, Ames."

"Love you more" I whimpered through my tears. 

She turned to Ruby and started talking about memories of school, and I stopped listening, as the wrenching pain in my gut became too much. After 5 minutes, she turned back to me.

"I don't have much time left Amy, so, I wan't you to promise me something."

"Anything."

"Please, please please, for the love of God, don't do anything stupid. I know you cna't just stop cutting, but don't do something you and everyone else will regret. Don't use me as an excuse for that. Make yourself a knew life. You have Harry and the boys now, you're not stuck in the hell-hole anymore. Live, Amy. Live the rest of your life. Marry that boy, have children together, love each other to death and die a happy old age." she said, her voice getting quieter and softer, the time in between words becoming longer, but still full of passion.