Miscarriage

~•~
I woke up from some stomach pain. The covers were kinda wet and when I pulled them off I saw blood. I had gotten my period, but that shouldn't be possible 'cause I'm pregnant. Tears filled my eyes and made my sight blurry. My sobs woke Alex up whose first reaction was to comfort me. I turned my body towards him and just let his warm arms pull me close to him.

"I- I got my period" I broke down, I didn't know what else to say other than that. Alex looked surprised and worried. "Are you okay, darling?" I sobbed some more into his chest before replying with a yes. What I had now realized was cramps worsened, it was so uncomfortable yet I didn't want to do anything about it; I felt like I deserved it for losing the baby.

"We should get you cleaned up and then go to the hospital," he said in the most caring voice I had ever heard him talk with. He let me sob a bit more into his chest before letting me go. He said that if I quickly get myself cleaned up then he'd clean up the bed and get me some painkillers and a heating pad. So I stood up and slowly walked to the bathroom. When I got to the bathroom I took a cotton cloth, got it wet, and began cleaning myself up with it, since I didn't have the energy for a shower. When I was all cleaned up I went into the kitchen where Alex was preparing a heating pad for me. I quickly took the pills with a cup of water. Alex took the heating pad out of the microwave and insisted on carrying me to the car.

•••

When we got to the hospital, we sat down on the uncomfortable waiting chairs. My hand was caressing my 4-month-old baby bump, which there probably wasn't even an in anymore. I just wanted to cry, but I didn't want a fan or a paparazzi to see me crying and taking a photo. I think Alex noticed that I was on the verge of tears cause his hand took my smaller hand and intertwined our fingers. I didn't know what I would have done without him, he was my rock, the person I love the most, if he wasn't mine then I don't know what I would've done.

"Alex, and Y/N Turner" I smiled, I'd never get used to my last name being Turner, but I loved it. We went into the examination room, Alex didn't let go of my hand once. I sat down on the examination table and Alex explained the situation. The doctor began asking me questions about my pregnancy and about illnesses, it was hard talking about without breaking down. The nod in my stomach grew bigger every time he asked me a new question. The visit ended with him checking to see if the baby was dead, which it was.

•••

"Do you need anything before we're home? Sushi? McDonalds? Both?" His big hand was on my thigh, it was such a small thing, but it provided me so much comfort. His questions made me smile, the fact that he knew what I liked to eat when I was sad was so sweet. "Both" I replied. He told me to order the sushi and that he would order the McDonalds.

When we got home I went to my bed and began eating. It's kinda bad that when I felt bad I immediately had to eat; it wasn't good for me or my job.

"Hey, baby, talk to me" I looked at him and tears flooded my eyes again. I told him about how I felt like it was my fault and he'd say in a soft reassuring tone of voice that it wasn't my fault. I wanted to believe him, but I just couldn't, I was the one carrying the baby, so it had to be my fault. He laid down beside me and hugged me. "It'll be okay, it's not your fault at all, you wanted this baby just as much as I did if not more" he pecked my temple and I dried my eyes which made my sleeve wet. I just nodded. It wasn't my fault, I didn't do anything to make this happen.

•••

"Are you ready to look, honey?" We turned around the pregnancy test. Many emotions came to me when I saw it was positive, I was sad and happy, but also concerned. "Are you ready to be pregnant again, if you're not ready then we can go get an abortion right now" I don't think I wanted an abortion, but I didn't know if I was ready to have a baby. "I- I don't know... I think we should try and carry through" My voice was shaky as I spoke, he noticed and hugged me. "Whatever you want honey" I smiled into the hug, I needed to see if I actually could carry out this pregnancy.

~•~
A/N

Didn't know what more to add to this story.