A Subject of Wonder

The distinct message of the paper's content wandered behind Gwenor's meaningful eyes for awhile before she gently deposited it to the corner of the finely structured desk made of red wood, her stare still staying in contact with the writing until she curled the paper away from view among with all her other works produced throughout the ages, feeling a bit tepid.

After that, her frail chest softly blew out a warm air into the dim core of the candle's weak fire, setting it off and letting the blackness to seal her spaceous surroundings all too powerfully along with her befuddled soul that was over rich with thoughts, wonders, questions...and yearnings.

Her alluring face, of evocative beauty, manifested dully behind the shadows of the deep green, silk curtains that danced fervently in the arising, lively wind of the stormy evening. Throughout all her years, there would never be a moment to slip by without her penetrating heart examining its details in undying imaginations. How did the sun come by? What stories do the stars hold in their enduring burst of white heat? Does the wind ever feel the emotions of the fleshes it kisses upon or beats away? Why do the waters among all other elements are the most viciously wicked and most intimate admirers?

Gwenor's lips curved into a smile, one to keep any creature, be it man or even the earth, to sit down hypnotized and in marvel for its perpetual significance.

A thundering resonance from the outside world whirled her back to the realms of reality. Ever so elegantly, that magical blueness of her almond eyes swam in the most exquisite manner, being an inducement to the magnetic forces of the storm as the lightning bolts gathered closer to her balcony faster than spurring water of a lively cataract off a steep precipice’s edge. The famished breeze brushed her blonde curls behind her pale, smooth shoulder like that of an ardent and tender lover. Before the shooting rain droplets crashed to the marble floor of the concave veranda, Gwenor’s long, slender fingers reached for the silky material of the curtain and pulled it closed in a sharp, yet graceful attempt. By the time she rotated round, in decision to depart her chamber, while her steps were quick, a second thunder echoed in the vast space of the grey skyline, consequently grabbing her chest with a prevailing purpose and leaving her lungs in lack of air and her hands to seize the soft, creamy gown that swiveled around her thin waist with a tensed feeling forming at the edges of her essence. That man…the gladiator. He must’ve been somewhere under this rain, filled with torment, while she was here, in the most comfortable means of life, yet could find no joy out of it. She reminded herself of a confused girl. At once she sat herself down to think of him, and remembering the eminent formation of his eyes and the light it emitted deep into the flesh of her both physical body and spiritual soul, she shivered at the memory…for no one had ever owned such a possessive power upon her free will just like he indirectly proved today. His face hadn’t even been revealed for the satisfaction of her eager curiosity- daresay of the whole Colloseum. She caressed her throat in a worried effort to alleviate the pressure. It was like gravity abruptly filled her chest brutally to the extreme, sending unacquainted tears sparkling behind her eyes. Driven by a disappointed feeling in her sudden behavior, she gathered herself together and left the room at once.

Gwenor, in a strong command, promised herself to never shed a tear for any man even if it meant losing her heart along the way.