Chapter 9 - Winds Of Change

EeEeeeE

>Pearl Harbor<

"Understood, You may leave now Cleveland," The commander said as he heard the report from the light cruiser, sitting behind his desk with a pen in his hand as he listened to the report while filling out the documents

Cleveland only nodded and left, leaving the man alone in his office as he stared at the blank document, he was unable to write or do anything as he listened to the report the light cruiser gave him, he could hear Cleveland's voice uttering those words as she started the report with a summary

"Hornet, Long Island, Northampton, Gridley, Hamman are in various levels of damage, Enterprise, Javeline, Laffey, Wichita and I are just exhausted with no serious damage and... a-and..."

He couldn't even remember the exact words she used as he blanked out, the combination of words, the meaning behind them being the only thing clear to him, Newark was gone. He cursed himself for not taking the first step, for being protective and never going on the offensive.

He opened a drawer in which at least a dozen scripts lay, and at the top of all of them was a silver ring.

>Sakura Empire<
>Months Later<
>Tokyo<

The Kan-sen returned from yet another mission, the bulins and manjuus rushing towards the duck to begin the maintenance on the rigging as in this war, they can't afford to be caught in port unable to move.

And while the usual chaos begins to unfold, two girls make it past everyone, wearing shire-maiden outfits with masks covering their faces, no one batting an eye at them as they traverse the Sakura Empire naval base, a complex almost copying Venice as it was made up of various small 'islands' which housed buildings while canals divided them and allowing the Kan-sen to deploy quickly and also making fire spread less likely.

But they didn't even make it past the third island when one of the girls bumped into someone who was carrying documents

"Ah sorry!" The girl said first as she went down to quickly gather the confidential information

"Don't worry," one of the girls said as she bent down to help the Sakura Empire cruiser

"I don't think we met, I'm Kashima and yo-" She stopped her words as the two girls disappeared "Okay..." She said while looking around.

The two girls continuing their search of the naval base.

>Admirals Office<

A woman sat in her office, a single door leading inside that was currently locked while her secretary made sure no one intruded. The wall behind her was made up of various bookshelves with display cases at eye level that housed models of battleships, from the first pre-dreadnoughts to the newest modern fast battleships. In the middle of the room was a small table surrounded by pillows. The two side walls had various maps of Asia, Pacific and Oceania, a rhythmic ticking sound resonating in the room as the clock was calibrated correctly.

Every now and then the sound of paper being moved could be heard while the Admiral quietly worked with her pen, a smile on her face as most of the reports were speaking of successes.

Attu, Hong Kong, Manila, Malaya, Pearl Harbor, Wake, and various port cities of the Dragon Empery, all either captured or made unserviceable for the upcoming future,