Chapter - 32

Aditya's POV:

After that, we went straight home together. I drove Shlok's car and asked the driver to bring mine home. Shlok was tipsy but not that much. He could handle himself easily so I have to not carry him. He has a good capacity I must say.

We reached home and when I parked the car I said "Pihu should not know about all this."

"About what your feelings?" he tried to tease me. "About both," I told him with a straight face.

"She should know about it," he replied. "You will handle Khushi and I don't think there is anything to worry about. Plus I don't want her to feel guilty about it. She will feel guilty and then overthink that she came between you both," I explained to him.

"Fine it's best to keep it as our secret," he gave me his fist. I hit his fist and said "You are such a baby when you are drunk," I told him after getting out of the car.

"And you are such an oldie. Loosen up brother," he told me and started walking towards the house. I followed his steps and made a note to never make him drink.

The door was opened by our house help and we started to go to our rooms. Mom and Dad were sitting in the hall and seeing us she called us.

"Shlok, what is this?" Mom asked him seeing his face. Yes, his face had a mark where I hit him it was not big but visible.

"Mom it's nothing," he tried to give a vague answer. "It's not nothing Shlok," Mom started to examine him. Mom looked towards me but I just shrugged.

Shlok glared at my behavior but I can't defend him here. What we would say to her we fight because of your daughter-in-law.

"Mom I am going to my room," I told her and started to go in my room. "Mom I am also going," Shlok also tried to free himself.

"Fine, you don't want to tell I will find out sooner or later," she threatened him. I chuckled at her threat but Shlok glared at me again.

"You go I will send Pihu with something for you," she told me. Shlok opened his mouth to say something but she stopped him saying "I don't want to hear anything."

I laughed at his misery and then went to my room.

Pihu's POV:

I was working in the kitchen cooking dinner. I decided to make sahi paneer and chapati for dinner. I made Sahi panner and tasted it to check the salt and everything. While I was preparing for dinner I could hear some noises from outside. I heard Mom's voice and Shlok's so I am assuming Shlok came back.

Satisfied with everything I decided to go outside and see what was happening. I was about to step outside when Mom came in. Her expression was worried so I asked "Mom what happened?"

"Nothing you come with me inside," she told me. She dragged me inside and said "I am preparing something for Shlok. You go and give him. Make sure he drinks it," she instructed me while preparing it.

"What happened?" I asked again. "Nothing he is not telling me anything," she replied so I stood there observing what she was doing.

She gave a coup of soup that she prepared and said "Give this to him and Pihu he is not telling me anything. Can you ask him?"

As if he would tell me everything I thought in my mind. "OK, Mom I will try," saying I went straight to my room.

Reaching the room I opened the door and saw Shlok sitting on bed with his eyes closed. I kept the soup on a side table and cleared my throat.

Hearing some sound he opened his eyes and looked at me. "Drink this Mom has asked me to give you this," I told him the story so he wouldn't have a chance to say no.

He just nodded his head and now I can have a clear view of his face. His face was really bad that's why Mom was tense.

"What happened?" I don't know when this question automatically came out of my mouth.

"Nothing just someone gave me a clear message," he said with a smile. I was confused about what he was saying so I asked "What?"

"Nothing just a friend who helped," he again said cryptically. "Can you explain in simple words?" I asked him.

"It's a secret between me and my new friend," he said with a smile on his face. I can't give this much tension to my mind so I left it. I just nodded my hand in understanding.

He finished the soup so I said "I will keep this in the kitchen and inform Mom about it."

"Ok," he gave a simple reply and with that, I left for the kitchen.

As soon as I entered the kitchen Mom said "Anita can you see if the dining table is set or not?" I know she was just sending her away just to know what happened to Shlok.

I went straight to keep the utensils in the sink. "Did he tell you?" she asked the question I was ignoring.

"Mom he said it's some secret with his some friend," I told her honestly.

She just looked confused and was looking at me as if she was trying to find something.

"I have prepared dinner for him. You can take this to him and let him rest for some time," she said and started to prepare the dishes.

"You know I wanted to believe him but my children think that they can hide anything from me," she said while continuing her work.

I was confused about what she wanted to say. Today whole family has decided to speak in some cryptic language. Can't they say anything in simpler words?

"You know when children grow up they think they can hide anything from their parents," she continued.

"You think Shlok is lying about friends?" I asked her confused. Me being me can't keep my mouth closed. I have to say like really Pihu can't you keep quiet?

She laughed and said "Yes." "How?" before I could think the words came out of my mouth.

"You know Shlok's face was hurt but I could see Aditya's fist had marks. It can't be a coincidence now and they came in the same car too," she concluded her theory.

"And you know they thought I would not catch their eye contact and silent talks," she finished her cooking and closed the flame.

She placed everything on a plate and passed it to me. I took the plate before I took it in my hands fully she held it. I looked at her in confusion so she said "I know they fought but the reason I am thinking I am should be wrong."

I narrowed my eyes in confusion thinking what she meant. "I have seen the way Aditya looks at you and everything. I don't want you to be the reason for the drift between my sons. You are married to Shlok so whatever there is cooking between you two make sure to suppress it," hearing her words my heart rate started increasing.

"But," I was about to defend myself when she stopped me. "I want to be wrong this time and hope I am. But if my assumption is correct then you have to stop creating a rift between my sons," she concluded.

"Hope you will understand my concern," she said keeping her hand in my face. "Hoping you will make everything go away," saying that she left from there leaving me in my thoughts.

Author's Note

Hello lovely reader🙋‍♀️

What are your thoughts?🤔